Parents and eProxies
Parents report to us that “value” is a key consideration in choosing a college.
It’s not just about the name, but it’s about the quality of the educational experience. At Babson, we prepare our students for a future full of opportunities by providing a world-class education that is bold and innovative, yet practical and valued by employers. At Babson, we are proud to be in the top 25 for Return on Investment nationwide, and the number one Business school. (Payscale, 2013)
An eProxy Can
- Make an online payment
- View the student’s tuition account
- Check if a payment has been received
- View the student’s financial aid
- Complete the required enrollment (or waiver) of health insurance
- Request a meal plan change online
- Request a refund online
- Update emergency contact information
- Receive notices about important payment deadlines
An eProxy Cannot
- View the student’s grades
- Read or access the student’s email
- View any student records other than the SFS information listed above.
Because student records are protected under the Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, it is the student’s choice to give the eProxy authorization.
Here are a few tips to consider as you think about the investment in college for your student:
- Include your son/daughter in conversations about finances and how you think about value.
- Ask your son/daughter to share information they receive from Babson, especially application procedures and deadlines (we expect students to be responsible for this information, but two heads are better than one). Enrolled Babson students can designate a parent or guardian as an eProxy.
- Consider a payment plan. You can spread out the tuition payments for 10 or 8 months each year, from June to March or August to March, respectively.
- If you need a loan to cover a portion of college expenses, you can check out our recommendations below. Parent loan programs are offered be the government and private lender. Please note that you are in no way limited to the private lenders we recommend: you are welcome to apply to any lender you choose.
- Feel free to tap Babson’s Student Financial Services staff as a resource!
What is an eProxy?
An eProxy is a parent, guardian, or anyone else that the student designates to have online access to their Student Financial Services (SFS) information. In SFS we recommend that students set up a parent or guardian as an eProxy—it is our recommended way of doing business.
Anyone designated as an eProxy will receive an email with a password to access the student’s SFS information online.
We annually evaluate financing options to ensure that we are recommending loans with competitive rates and flexible repayment options.
2013-2014 Parent Loan Options
You are in no way limited to loans or lenders on our list of options. Babson will process a loan from any lender, and it is your right to apply for loans through the lender of your choice.
For parents who wish to borrow through the Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan, please complete the application.