Babson Black Affinity Network
Our mission is to advance diversity and inclusion to permeate the fabric of the Babson community and have a meaningful impact on the experience of current and future students, while fostering strong connections among Babson’s black alumni.
Black Affinity Network Directors
- Leticia Stallworth ’99, MBA’13 (DC metro), President
- Dexter Williams MBA’98 (New York Metro) Vice President
- Jeff Meade ’98 (Texas), VP of Marketing & Communications
- Katrina Fludd ’08, MS’10 (New Jersey/Philadelphia), VP Engagement
- Cyril Guerra ’95 (Florida), VP Professional Development
- Manny Whitfield ’16 (Illinois), Director
- Ralph Saturne ’07, MBA’12 (Massachusetts), Director
- Renee Edwards ’13 (New York metro), Director
- Shatiek Gatlin ’16 (New York metro), Director
- Khalif Heatley ’17 BSU President, Director
- Flora Ekpe-Idang MBA’17 Babson BMBA President, Director
- Breanna Blackmon ’15 (Michigan), Director
- Oliver Yarbrough MS’00 (Georgia), Director
- Amanda Chin Yee ’13 (California), Director
- Larry Pinkett MBA’76 (DC metro), Director
Each year, we will adopt and execute on a list of priorities, striving to encourage:
- Engagement and re-engagement with the Babson campus and the global Babson community
- Connections to one another, current students, local alumni clubs, and the Babson Alumni Board of Directors
- Professional development through leadership training
- Financial support of Babson’s effort to recruit and retain domestically diverse students, faculty, and staff
Membership is open to anyone interested in supporting our mission, including faculty and staff, parents, and friends of the College.
BAN Back to Babson Reception: September 16, 2017
2018 Black Affinity Conference: February 23–25, 2018
The Engagement Committee is responsible for updating our alumni database and to re-engage with alumni who currently do not have an active connection with Babson.
The Recruitment Committee works with undergraduate and graduate admissions to effectively recruit domestic students of color.
The Retention Committee provides mentorship to current students throughout their Babson career.
The Fundraising Committee is responsible for seeking contributions from members of the Babson community and securing grants and corporate partners in support of the BAN mission.
If you would like to help strengthen the Babson Black Affinity Network and have an hour or two per month to devote to our work, we invite you to join us. We are currently soliciting alumni volunteers for our Alumni Advisors, our Admissions Ambassadors, and our committees. If you would like to volunteer or learn more, email Denning Aaris.
Join our social media groups on