Using the Library
In addition to utilizing Horn Library, alumni are welcome to access on-line resources.
Alumni who would like to use the on-campus library will need to obtain an alumni library card and can do so by contacting the Alumni & Friends Network at 781-239-4562.
The College provides alumni access to 17 important databases to all alumni at no cost. And you do not need an alumni Library card to access these databases. Many of these resources are password protected. You will need your Babson username and password to log in.
Enjoy this benefit for personal or professional, non-commercial use.
For technical support, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-239-4357. For database questions, call the Library at 781-239-6405.
*Note: Babson's licensing agreement strictly prohibits any commercial use of these databases.
AtoZdatabases: Search Jobs, Businesses, or Mailing Lists
- Use this directory to search for U.S. Companies and/or healthcare professionals to compile targeted lists for job searches.
Business Insights: Essentials (Company and Industry Information)
- Excellent for locating current articles on companies and industries
- Company profiles with data from Ward's Business Directory and Graham & Whiteside's World Company Series, as well as some business and management journals, trade/industry periodicals, local area business journals, and other publications
- For help with this database, use the "help" link within the database.
Washington Information Directory
- Provides key
contacts at US federal government agencies and national non-governmental
Political Handbook of the World
- Covers political
information on more than 200 countries, providing government histories, party
profiles, and election results.
Congress and the Nation
- Reports on actions of
the U.S. Congress from 1945-2008, covering legislative history and key votes;
useful for policy analysis.
- CQ Researcher (formerly Congressional Quarterly) examines contemporary issues that affect the public at large.
- Topics range from global warming to child labor.
- ebook collection of over 77,000 titles from
renowned publishers across all disciplines.
- Business & Economics, Computers & IT, Engineering & Technology, Life Sciences, and Social Sciences are some of the major subject areas.
- Downloadable to mobile devices.
- Can create personal “bookshelf.”
- To learn more about ebrary, see their guide which includes search tips, directions for downloading, how to set up a bookshelf, training resources, etc.
EBSCOhost Alumni Edition: Business Source (Articles and Data)
- Nearly 1,100 full-text business magazines and journals, of which more than 350 are peer-reviewed
- Publications in nearly every area of business including marketing, management, accounting, finance, econometrics, economics, and more
- Coverage for some titles goes as far back as 1922. Used both by independent scholars for in-depth research and by business people who want to keep current with the latest trends in all areas pertaining to management and related fields
- Features include: coverage of all major industries, SWOT analyses, company profiles, advanced search capabilities, and updated weekly
- To learn more about this tool, complete the online tutorial.
EBSCOhost Alumni Edition: Academic Search (Articles and Data)
- Multi-disciplinary, full-text database containing information in nearly every area of academic study including, computer sciences, engineering, physics, chemistry, language and linguistics, arts and literature, medical sciences, ethnic studies, and many more
- To learn more about this tool, complete the online tutorial.
- Covers a wide spectrum of resources for educators, researchers, students and practitioners.
- Content includes journals, dissertations, working papers and conference proceedings, practical guides, sample business plans and tips from successful entrepreneurs.
Global Road Warrior (Travel Information)
- Ultimate business travel guide
- Covers 175 countries and includes information on; climate, business culture, money and banking, security, health and medical, transportation, embassies and consulates, maps, and more.
- A career and employment resource that has country career guides, corporate profiles, and worldwide job and internship postings. International in scope, topic areas include; job search resources, work permit/visa regulations including H1B visa applications, Country-specific resume/CV guidelines and examples, interview and cultural advice, and employment outlook/industry trends.
- An online language-learning system that can help you learn languages like Spanish, French, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, German, Mandarin Chinese, Greek, Italian and more.
- Morningstar.com provides investors with information on over 6,000 stocks, 20,000 mutual funds and over 150 Exchange Traded Funds. In addition, it provides stock screening functions and portfolio analysis tools.
- Cross-disciplinary resource with strong business
content covering market trends, business conditions, management techniques,
corporate strategies, and industry-specific topics from US and international
business and trade publications
- Subject areas covered in addition to business
are science & technology, health & medical, social sciences, arts &
humanities, and news.
- Comprehensive coverage of recent and historical
articles in business literature & strong coverage of decades of academic journals
- Market and industry reports, country profiles,
economic reports, dissertations, working papers
- Several modes of searching are offered,
including by title, keyword, author, date, phrase, area, publication name, and
- To learn more about ProQuest Central, see their guide which includes content descriptions, search tips, sample searches, and a tutorial.
Small Business Resource Center (Articles, Sample Documents, and How-To Guides)
- Information on how to start, finance, or manage your small business
- Resources include sample business plans, how-to guides, articles and Web sites
Vault (Industry and Career Guides)
- Industry and career guides, including employer profiles
- Books and reports offering advice on consulting case interviews, financial interviews, and career trends
- Note: In order to view the Vault Guides, you must have the latest edition of Acrobat Reader downloaded and installed on your computer
- For help with Vault, please use the "help" link within this database.