Career Networking Opportunities
At Babson, networking isn’t on a to-do list, it’s integrated into every piece of the experience. And, when it comes to exploring career options or pursuing a specific job, networking is essential and perhaps one of the most effective elements of a continuous career strategy.
Did You Know?
80% of jobs are not posted
90% of hiring managers prefer networking over advertising or using a search firm
60% of candidates report getting their job through networking contacts
Whether it’s an event at our main campus in Wellesley, such as MBA Tuesdays, or a regional Babson Connect event, the Babson community is a robust network of individuals in organizations of all types and sizes all around the world. Here are just a few of the networking opportunities that enhance ongoing career networking at Babson:
- Babson Connect – This networking event features alumni speakers on a range of topics and takes place in cities such as New York, San Francisco, Miami, and Boston. Attendees include those interested in pursuing a Babson program, current students, faculty, staff, alumni, and partner organizations. To learn more, email Graduate Asmissions.
- Student-run forums and case competitions – Babson graduate students, with the help of undergraduate participants, plan and execute a number of large-scale events that attract national and international corporations, industry experts, and students from around the world.
- The Babson Professional Network – Available to all current students and alumni, the online network is a working database of Babson board members, friends of Babson and alumni who have volunteered to be contacted and share their career experiences with students. These volunteers represent a host of career fields and geographic locations
- Affinity networks, groups, and events – Leveraging the many industries that Babson alumni are pursuing careers in, the Babson Alumni and Friends Network collaborates with alumni in establishing affinity networks, e.g. consumer products, via a social network, e.g. LinkedIn.
- Innovation District events – These industry-themed panels are featured at our Boston classroom and event space. Attendees include those interested in pursuing a Babson program, current students, alumni, and partner organizations.
- LinkedIn groups – The Babson Community group has more than 9,500 members; all enrolled students are invited to join a member-only group for their specific cohort.
- Executive panels – These events have an industry-focus, with participants sharing a brief overview of their company as well as snapshot of his/her functional area of expertise as it relates to current industry trends and challenges.
Are you a current student? Visit The BabsonHub to log in to ProNet and much more!