Graduate Student Council
The Graduate Student Council (GSC) is the eyes, ears, and voice of the graduate student body.
The council is comprised of MBA students across all programs and acts as a liaison between students, faculty, and the administration.
There are several goals of the GSC as outlined in the GSC Constitution:
- Enhance the prestige of the F.W. Olin Graduate School of Business.
- Provide an atmosphere conducive to GSC fellowship and promote interaction between members of the graduate student body, the academic community, and the professional community.
- Support the graduate student educational experience.
- Foster an atmosphere of camaraderie, understanding, support, and goodwill at Babson.
These goals are accomplished through a variety of GSC-sponsored events and consistent solicitation and implementation of student feedback. The GSC also helps coordinate the 35-plus student-run organizations (more information on these organizations can be found at Life@Babson).
The majority of GSC members for the following academic year are elected in the spring, however, to ensure participation and representation across all MBA programs, the following positions are held open and elected at alternate times:
- Vice President for One-Year MBA Program (two positions)—August
- Vice President for Blended Learning MBA Program (one position)—August
- Director of Marketing (one position)—October
- Vice President for First-Year students in the Two-Year MBA Program (one position)—October
Members of the GSC are expected to carry out their responsibilities as outlined in the Graduate Student Council Constitution (pdf).
Graduate Student Council Executive Team, 2015–2016
GSC Executive Vice President
Siddharth Astir M'16
Vice President, Academic Affairs
Vice President, Club Management
Vice Presidents, Events
Kara O'Keefe M'16
Alfonso Carrillo M'16
Vice President, Finance
Vice President, First Year
Alyssa Lee M'17
Vice President, Technology
Vice President, One-Year Program
Vice President, Evening Program
Vice President, Blended Learning Program
Vice President, MSEL and MSA Programs
Emilia Tautiva M'16
Mugdha Sharma M'16
Director, Alumni Relations
Director, CCD Relations
Director, Club Marketing and Finance
Kushal Manek M'17
Director, Events Marketing
Director, International Affairs
Qiong Zhu (Christy) M'17
Director, Partners Program
Dheepan Thangavelu M'16