Graduate Student Council
The Graduate Student Council (GSC) is the eyes, ears, and voice of the graduate student body.
The council is comprised of MBA students across all programs and acts as a liaison between students, faculty, and the administration.
There are several goals of the GSC as outlined in the GSC Constitution:
- Enhance the prestige of the F.W. Olin Graduate School of Business.
- Provide an atmosphere conducive to GSC fellowship and promote interaction between members of the graduate student body, the academic community, and the professional community.
- Support the graduate student educational experience.
- Foster an atmosphere of camaraderie, understanding, support, and goodwill at Babson.
These goals are accomplished through a variety of GSC-sponsored events and consistent solicitation and implementation of student feedback. The GSC also helps coordinate the 35-plus student-run organizations (more information on these organizations can be found at Life@Babson).
The majority of GSC members for the following academic year are elected in the spring, however, to ensure participation and representation across all MBA programs, the following positions are held open and elected at alternate times:
- Vice President for One-Year MBA Program (two positions)—August
- Vice President for Blended Learning MBA Program (one position)—August
- Director of Marketing (one position)—October
- Vice President for First-Year students in the Two-Year MBA Program (one position)—October
Members of the GSC are expected to carry out their responsibilities as outlined in the Graduate Student Council Constitution (pdf).
Graduate Student Council Executive Team, 2014–2015
Nicholas Wong M’15
GSC Executive Vice President
Angel Montemayor M’15
Vice President, Club Management
Chandni Talreja M’15
Vice President, Finance
Francisco Layrisse M’15
Vice President, Technology
Viplav Valluri M’15
Vice President, Academic Affairs
Jennifer Odera M’15
Vice Presidents, Events
Rubi Rodriguez Parrilla M’15
Takuo Urushihara M’15
Vice President, First Year
Javier Madero M’16
Vice Presidents, One-Year
Luis Vazquez M’15
Felipe Sotomayor M’15
Vice Presidents, Evening
Andrea Toochin, Evening MBA candidate
Lindsey Donovan, Evening MBA candidate
Director, International Students
Yawei Zhao M’16
Alison Henry M’16
Director, Partners Program
John Scott M’15
CCD Liaison, Second Year
Mrudula Nambiar M’15
CCD Liaison, One-Year
Gisela Santos de Macedo M’15
Miguel Matuk M’15
Director, Alumni Relations
Rishabh Aggarwal M’15
Vice President, Blended Learning
Jason Ray M’15