The Blank School engages Babson community members and leads research to create entrepreneurial leaders.
$1000 in cash prizes is up for grabs as we challenge students to present the most innovative and applicable business solution to Babson Black Women’s Entrepreneurial Leadership program alumna, Janice McLean-Deloatch, founder of The Black Shopping Networks. Help advance her mission, to help black businesses thrive. All students welcome to compete!
Participants will be asked to present their solutions live during the Black Unity Summit on Saturday to a panel of three judges, with Summit attendees cheering them on. Three cash prizes will be awarded, as well as, a chance to meet and greet with the founder to implement their strategy. Register your team today!
How to Enter
Use the button below to register yourself and your team members for the Ideathon by Thursday, March 25, 2021 with the full names and email addresses of all team members, with a maximum of five (5) individuals per team.
Slide decks must be submitted by Thursday, March 25 at 11:59 p.m. to confirm your participation in the live event on March 27 from 1-2 p.m. You may submit your slide via the Ideathon registration form or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be sure that all team members also register for the Summit.
Teams & Eligibility
- All current students (graduate and undergraduate) are eligible to compete
- Teams can be comprised of 1-5 members; all must be present
- Only 5 team registration spots available—first-come, first-served!
Students must present a 3-minute live online presentation, with 2 minute Q&A. The presentation must include 1-3 slides. All team members must be present (video on), although not all are required to speak.
- Level of Feasibility: The solution presents an action-oriented, timely solution that can be implemented immediately, and deliver measurable results.
- Level of Creativity/Innovation: The solution demonstrates out-of-the-box thinking that will propel the business forward in a way that sets them apart as a leader in their industry.
- Quality of Presentation: Slides and pitches are delivered in a way that conveys clarity of ideas, creativity, and generates judge/audience enthusiasm. Slides and timing align with the frameworks provided.
$1000 in Cash Prizes!
Sponsored by the Center for Women's Entrepreneurial Leadership and Multicultural and Identity Programs
- $600 – First Place
- $300 – Second Place
- $100 – Third Place
March 23 – Team Registration Deadline
March 25 – Team slides submissions due by 11:59 p.m. EST
March 27 – Team Presentations: 1 - 2 p.m. EST
March 27 – Awards Ceremony: 4:15 – 4:25 p.m. EST
March 29 – Follow up e-introduction to Janice McLean DeLoatch
- Janice McLean DeLoatch, Founder, The Black Shopping Networks
- Dr. Shakenna Williams, Director of Global Initiatives, Center for Women’s Entrepreneurial Leadership
- Dr. Jennifer Bailey, Professor, Technology and Operations Management, Babson College
For questions about this challenge please contact, Valerie Paquette, Director of Programs, CWEL, email@example.com