What is the HELV?
The Herring Family Entrepreneurial Leadership Village (HELV) is a place everyone can connect to new learning experiences, new opportunities, and most of all, to each other;
- It is a living-learning community that strengthens Babson’s impact on communities everywhere as an amplification platform to scale thought leadership and action.
- It is a laboratory and a model for entrepreneurial ecosystems.
- It is a “partnership first” place for both industry and academic collaboration.
- It will create a hub of interaction and connection through new learning spaces, residential, and meeting spaces.
- It will offer tech-enabled hybrid experiences to impact both those physically in the HELV, and those around the world.
The HELV fosters widespread understanding and application of the principles and tools of entrepreneurial leadership. It is the embodiment of the Strategic Plan: Entrepreneurial Leadership Impacting Ecosystems Everywhere, to increase learner success to deliver simultaneous economic, social, and environmental value.
The HELV Construction Project
The construction of the Herring Family Entrepreneurial Leadership Village is funded entirely through generous philanthropy in support of Babson’s strategy. This philanthropy will enable renovation of a portion of the existing Babson Executive Conference Center to provide enhanced opportunities for both executive and student experiences in this space.
This project has been intentionally designed in phases to minimize disruption to the campus.
This construction phase of the Herring Family Entrepreneurial Leadership Village will include:
- Three modern learning spaces, with associated breakout rooms
- Collaborative spaces
- Socializing and connection areas, including a cafe
Construction is targeted to start in late spring 2023 and will be funded 100% by philanthropy. Construction schedule could be impacted by Town of Wellesley permitting process and material lead times.
The project has been designed by Goody Clancy. Lee Kennedy Co. has been selected as the project construction manager; with project management support provided by PMA Consultants.
I have further questions.
Please reach out anytime to AskELV@babson.edu with any questions or concerns.
Additionally, this FAQ will be updated throughout the construction process.