The Blank School engages Babson community members and leads research to create entrepreneurial leaders.
Five Steps to Successful Grant Writing
- Make your case. Align what you want to do with the foundation’s priorities. First step? Find out what those priorities are.
- Every grant isn’t for you. It takes too much time to chase after every grant opportunity. Narrow your options down to the ones that fit best with your organization.
- Do you have the right stuff? Look at the foundation’s mission, current funding, assets and what support they gave in the past. That will help you assess if you should go after the grant.
- Do your homework. Make sure you read all guidelines before sitting down to write.
- Who you gonna call? Call if you have any questions to clarify anything you may be unsure about. It’s better to call and get everything right than mess up. But call after you read through everything. A call every 12 minutes can get annoying—fast.