The Blank School engages Babson community members and leads research to create entrepreneurial leaders.
Master of Finance
The financial world is the foundation of the global economy, and that world is rapidly evolving. Organizations of all kinds need resourceful finance professionals able to make critical business decisions. Babson’s STEM MSF can help you develop those skills.
No GMAT/GRE? No problem. There is no GMAT/GRE requirement for 2023 entry.
At A Glance
Master the Financial Side of Business
The full-time Masters Degree in Finance (MSF) at Babson provides in-depth financial and quantitative knowledge. Match that with sophisticated problem solving, practical application, ethical judgment, and professional development and communication skills for a well-rounded degree. Your Master of Finance program cohort comes from all undergraduate and graduate backgrounds. During your electives, expand your network by taking classes with more experienced MBA and master’s students. Develop strong relationships with faculty and advisors, who are here to support you with individualized mentoring.
- STEM-Designated. International students on an F-1 visa may be eligible for a 24-month extension of post-completion OPT to work in the U.S.
- Fast Track: Earn 30 credits in 9 months (2-semester option) or 16 months (3-semester option).
- Customizable: Tailor your experience to your specific career interests with 12 degree credits spent on electives of your choice.
- Stackable: Apply your Master of Finance credits toward a future Babson graduate degree.
- Career Support: In 2022, 100% of MSF students seeking employment accepted positions within six months.
What Makes Babson’s MSF Degree Different?
Our STEM designation allows international students on an F-1 visa to apply for a STEM optional practical training (OPT) extension to work in the U.S. for up to 36 months after graduation.
Manage Babson’s Endowment
The Babson College Fund is an elective class in which students work with Executives in Residence in the Stephen D. Cutler Center for Investments and Finance to manage a $5M portion of the College’s endowment.
100% of job-searching MSF graduates from the class of 2022 were employed 6 months post-graduation.
- 30% Women
- 75% International Students
- 24% Domestic Students of Color
- Average GPA: 3.41
- Average Work Experience: 1–2 Years
By the time you complete your degree, you will build skills in three distinct areas.
Technical Skills in Finance
Babson MSF graduates are proficient in applying quantitative methods and financial analysis techniques in a variety of contexts. These include statistical analysis of financial and economic data; valuing corporate investment decisions; valuing firms; and valuing a variety of financial instruments including equities, fixed income, and derivative securities.
Complex Financial Problem Solving
Babson MSF graduates appreciate the ambiguity that surrounds the most interesting business and financial problems. They are adept at extracting salient issues from a complex problem, identifying appropriate analytical techniques, applying judgment, and proposing well-reasoned recommendations.
Ethical and Professional Standards
Babson MSF graduates are prepared to recognize and respond to ethical issues that arise in the financial profession and financial practice. They also understand professional standards in financial fields, and how these may vary.
Master of Finance Curriculum
Get a blend of theory and practice in courses taught by the from our top-ranked undergraduate and MBA programs. Babson’s Master of Finance program provides uncommon flexibility: you will take a required 18-credit core, and use your remaining 12 credits to explore electives in finance and other disciplines based on your interests and career goals.
- Financial Data Analysis and Practice will prepare you for the world of finance. Learn how to access and analyze financial data, code financial models in Python, create and communicate financial reports, and follow best practices in a variety of finance professions.
- Complete your core with four additional courses:
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Finance: Evaluating Opportunities
- Derivatives: Theory and Practice
- Fixed Income
- Manage a portion of the Babson College Endowment with the Babson College Fund, a 2-semester course that offers a rare opportunity to develop investment research and portfolio management skills.
- Work with a team of 3–5 MSF students on a consulting project with a business or investment client through Babson’s Management Consulting Field Experience course.
- Babson College Fund
- Business Intelligence, Analytics, & Visualization
- Corporate Finance: Raising Capital
- Data Science and Business Analytics
- Economic and Financial Forecasting
- Finance for New Ventures
- Financial Decision Tools and Modeling
- Financial Macroeconomic Data Analysis
- Financial Reporting & Statement Analysis
- Financial Statement Analysis for Managers
- Financial Trading Strategies
- Financing and Valuing Sustainability
- Independent Research in Finance
- Investment Banking and Financial Advisory
- Managing Portfolios
- Measuring and Managing Strategic Results
- Real Estate Financial Modeling
- Risk Management
- Strategy and Tactics of Pricing
A Peek Inside an MSF Class
More Babson alumni go into finance than any other field. One thing they share in common? The courses and resources for finance students at Babson.
FinTech Week at Babson Boston
More than 1,800 attendees, including Babson students, alumni, and faculty, gathered to explore how increased access to data and technology will affect the future of financial services.
State of the Art Finance Lab
Opened in 2019, the finance lab at the Cutler Center for Investments and Finance hosts workshops, is integrated into coursework, and is a hub for finance students.
Learning the Art of a Stock Pitch
Pitching a stock to legendary investor Peter Lynch is all part of a day's work for students in the Babson College Fund course, in which students invest a portion of the College's endowment.
Get to Know Your Professors
Professors at Babson are CFAs, founders of investment firms, advisors to the SEC, and more, but most importantly, they are educators. Senior lecturer Patrick Gregory brings a wealth of finance industry experience to his classes, including The Babson College Fund, one of the most popular electives.Read the Article
Join more than 9,000 Babson alumni who work in financial services. Wondering what kind of masters of finance salary and outcomes you can expect? Here are just a few of the organizations that employ Master of Finance graduates: AIG / Citigroup / Charles River Labs / PTC / Staples / TIAA / Wellington Management Company, and more.
Looking for Advice?
We’ve collected our best graduate school advice to help make the process of deciding between programs a little easier.
Babson College is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
Learn more about our accreditations
Take the Next Step
Ready to invest in a degree that pays dividends? Let us help you get started. From planning a campus visit to getting your admissions questions answered, our team is with you every step of the way.