The Blank School engages Babson community members and leads research to create entrepreneurial leaders.
How To Become a Peer Consultant
Babson’s Peer Consultants go through a multi-step process in order to become Peer Consultants. The timeline is as follows:
- Director solicits faculty recommendations for talented writers who are second- or third-year Babson undergraduates
- Recommended students are invited by email to apply
- Students submit an application form and writing sample to the Director by email
- Some students are invited for an interview with the Director and current Peer Consultants
- Selected students are invited to enroll in the permission-only course ENG4602-01, a 4-credit advanced writing course which also emphasizes tutoring strategies
- Students enroll in ENG4602-01
- Students who earn an A or B are invited to work as Peer Consultants in the Babson Writing Center, beginning the next Fall or Spring
The Writing Center has not only allowed me to help students improve their writing skills, but it has also given me the opportunity to improve my public speaking skills, increase my confidence (and students' confidence) in writing, and deepen my relationships with others in the Babson community.
Gabby Conte '23