Leadership Series: Owning Your Leadership
Great Leaders Are Made, Not Born
What makes outstanding leaders successful? As work becomes increasingly collaborative, the best leaders are those who can effectively inspire and lead a diverse workforce. Managing teams that produce brilliant work takes skill, such as creating connections with others, setting a positive tone, being self-aware, and knowing how to collaborate and build strategic relationships and networks.
Learn Essential Skills
- Learn techniques for developing leadership self-awareness in yourself and others
- Create an action plan that taps the power of high-quality work relationships
- Distinguish yourself as a leader with strategies that reduce collaborative overload
Who Should Attend
- Managers looking to grow their leadership skills and make a bigger impact at work
- Executives who lead diverse teams in organizations that are dynamic and complex
- Leadership development professionals who are charged with talent management
Self-awareness is one of the most essential interpersonal skills for effective leadership, even more important than IQ. Most workplaces, however, are not set up to help leaders practice and develop self-awareness.
Do you want to create stronger, more strategic work relationships? In today’s increasingly diverse and multigenerational workforce, the ability to build relationships requires empathy and relational skills more than ever.
Individuals get work done by collaborating within networks of people day to day. Most leaders, however, have only a vague idea of who is in their network and don’t know how to effectively manage the network to boost their success.
What You Will Learn
Gain the tools, strategies, and confidence you need to take control of your leadership style. During the program, you will approach your personal leadership performance from multiple angles. In the process, you will learn how to assess and address your self-awareness, and how to build strategic relationships and networks.
Key takeaways from the series includes:
- How to develop self-awareness and mentoring capabilities in yourself and in others
- Common stumbling blocks that inhibit self-awareness and how they can be overcome
- Techniques for building a developmental workplace culture and high-quality relationships
- How leaders develop mentoring capabilities in themselves and others
- How to influence without authority and effectively use your network to generate trust, purpose, and energy at work
You will learn from esteemed faculty who are well-known researchers in the areas of leader assessment and development, mentoring, and developmental networks for increased collaboration.
Faculty for the Leadership Series include:
All Babson Executive Education programs are taught in English. If you’d like to attend, we ask that you can speak, read, and write English to get the most out of our programs.
Registration deadline for this program: March 3, 2020
Cost includes program materials, snacks, and daily lunches at the award-winning Babson Executive Conference Center. Program runs daily from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Leadership Series is offered as a comprehensive three-day program. Participants also are welcome to register for individual one-day sessions. All participants receive a certificate of completion.
To preserve the collegiality and intimacy of the experience, each session has a limited number of participants. Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
For more information about payment, accommodations, travel, and discounts read our Babson Executive Education FAQ »
Discounts for Babson alumni are available through the Second-Century Alumni Grant. Discounts also are available for groups and past participants in Babson Executive Education open enrollment programs. Please email Dayle Lipsky for more information on discounts.
Why Babson Executive Education?
Babson Executive Education works with organizations and professionals around the world to turn ideas and challenges into opportunity. Babson cultivates an entrepreneurial mindset that is behind many of the world’s most innovative businesses and leaders.
Our programs are about more than theory; they’re about action, and equipping you with the practical tools and strategies necessary to have an immediate impact on your organization or business.
Contact Dayle Lipsky or call +1-781-239-3915.