- Associate Professor
- Division Chair
- Ph D, Manderson Graduate School of Business, The University of Alabama
- MBA, Samford University
- BSM, Tulane University
Academic Interest / ExpertiseRetail; Supply Chain Management
Awards & Honors
Degree Courses 2021
- MKT 3540 RETAILING MANAGEMENT
Degree Courses 2020
- MKT 3540 RETAILING MANAGEMENT
- MOB 3516 INTERSECTION OF MARKETING&OPERATIONS
- Shankaranarayanan, G., Stoddard, D.B., Gilleran, R., Beitelspacher, L.S., Bravo, S.J. (in press). Experiential Learning of Information Systems in Functional Contexts: The Digital Brand Strategy Project. Communications of the Association of Information Systems (CAIS). Association of Information Systems.
- Carey, J.C., Beitelspacher, L.S., Tosti-Kharas, J., Swanson, E. (2020). A resource-efficient modular course design for co-teaching integrated sustainability in higher education: Developing the next generation of entrepreneurial leaders. Entrepreneurship Education and Pedagogy.
- Getchell, K.M., Beitelspacher, L.S. (2020). Better Marketing for our Female Marketers: Gendered Language in the Forbes CMO List. Business Horizons. Elsevier.
- Lai-Bennejean, C., Beitelspacher, L.S. (in press). Impacts of salespeople’s biased and unbiased performance attributions on job satisfaction: the concept of misattributed satisfaction. European Journal of Marketing.
- Roggeveen, A.L., Beitelspacher, L.S. (2019). Understanding and Implementing CRM Initiatives in International Markets. International Marketing Review.
- Grewal, D., Ahlbom, C., Beitelspacher, L.S., Noble, S.M., Nordfalt, J. (2018). In-Store Mobile Phone Use and Customer Shopping Behavior: Evidence from the Field. Journal of Marketing. Vol: 82, Issue: 4, Page: 102-126.
- Beitelspacher, L.S., Baker, T.L., Rapp, A., Grewal, D. (2018). Understanding the long-term implications of retailer returns in business-to-business relationships. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science. Vol: 46, Issue: 2, Page: 252-272.
- Beitelspacher, L.S., Rodgers, V.L. (2018). Integrating Corporate Social Responsibility Awareness into a Retail Management Course. Journal of Marketing Education. Vol: 40, Issue: 1, Page: 66-76.
- Roggeveen, A.L., Beitelspacher, L.S. (2018). Educating the Retailers of Tomorrow: An Overview of Journal of Marketing Education Special Issue on Retailing. Journal of Marketing Education.
- Holmes, Y., Beitelspacher, L.S., Bolander, W., Hochstein, B. (2017). "Let's Make A Deal:" Value Outcomes and the Interaction of Customer Persuasion Knowledge and Salesperson Negotiation Strategies. Journal of Business Research. Vol: 78, Page: 81-92. Elsevier.
- Freybote, J., Simon, L., Beitelspacher, L.S. (2016). Understanding the Contribution of Curb Appeal to Retail Real Estate Values. Journal of Property Research. Vol: 33, Issue: 2, Page: 147-161. Routledge.
- Crittenden, V.L., Beitelspacher, L.S. (2015). Creating a Culture of Confidence: An Interview with Sheryl Adkins-Green, CMO of Mary Kay Inc.. Business Horizons. Vol: 58, Issue: 4, Page: 371-376.
- Mullins, R.R., Bachrach, D.G., Rapp, A.A., Grewal, D., Beitelspacher, L.S. (2015). You don't always get what you want, and you don't always want what you get: An examination of control-desire for control congruence in transactional relationships.. Journal of Applied Psychology. Vol: 100, Issue: 4, Page: 1073-1088. American Psychological Association.
- Rapp, A.A., Bachrach, D.G., Baker, T.L., Ogilvie, J., Beitelspacher, L.S. (2015). Perceived customer showrooming behavior and the effect on retail salesperson self-efficacy and performance. Journal of Retailing. Vol: 91, Issue: 2, Page: 358-369.
- Hansen, J.D., Beitelspacher, L.S., Deitz, G.D. (2013). Antecedents and consequences of consumers’ comparative value assessments. Journal of Business Research. Vol: 66, Issue: 4, Page: 473-479.
- Rapp, A., Beitelspacher, L.S., Grewal, D., Hughes, D.E. (2013). Understanding social media effects across seller, retailer, and consumer interactions. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science. Vol: 41, Issue: 5, Page: 547–566. Springer US.
- Beitelspacher, L.S., Hansen, J.D., Johnston, A.C., Deitz, G.D. (2012). Exploring Consumer Privacy Concerns and RFID Technology: The Impact of Fear Appeals on Consumer Behaviors. Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice. Vol: 20, Issue: 2, Page: 147-160. Routledge.
- Beitelspacher, L.S., Tokman, M., Adams, F.G., Richey, R.G. (2012). Retail service-based operant resources and market performance. International Journal of Logistics Management, The. Vol: 23, Issue: 3, Page: 408-434. Emerald Publishing Limited.
- Rapp, A., Beitelspacher, L.S., Schillewaert, N., Baker, T.L. (2012). The differing effects of technology on inside versus outside sales forces to facilitate enhanced customer orientation and interfunctional coordination. Journal of Business Research. Vol: 65, Issue: 7, Page: 929-936. Elsevier.
- Schweiger, E., Grewal, D., Roggeveen, A.L., Beitelspacher, L.S. (2020). Managing the Luxury Shopping Experience in a Multi-channel World: Luxury Research Handbook.
- Greenberg, D., Beitelspacher, L.S., Rodgers, V.L. (2020). A Systems Approach to Transformational Responsible Management Learning & Education: The SAGE Handbook of Responsible Management Learning and Education. Page: 363-377. Sage Publications.
- Beitelspacher, L.S. (2019). Women Entrepreneurs Rewriting the Value Proposition and Changing the Face of Sustainable Retailing: Go-To-Market Strategies for Women Entrepreneurs. Page: 207-216. Emerald Publishing.
- Grewal, D., Roggeveen, A.L., Beitelspacher, L.S., , . (2017). How Retailing Cues Influence Shopping Perceptions and Behavior: The Routledge Companion to Consumer Behavior. Issue: 1, Page: 291-303. Routledge.
- Bravo, S.J., Beitelspacher, L.S. (2016). Whole Student, Whole Faculty, Whole Classroom: Managing Anxiety to Maximize the Learning Experience. Page: 108-109. Marketing Management Association. link
Articles - Circular or newsletter (e.g., Babson Insight)
- Beitelspacher, L.S., Crittenden, V.L., Sosnowski, D.L. (2018). How the Marketing Division and Undergraduate Career Center at Babson College Align to Facilitate Core Career Readiness: BizEd. AACSB International.
- Editor, Associate Editor Journal of Business Research (2018 - Present)
- Editorial Review Board Member Journal of Marketing Education (2018 - Present)
- Editorial Review Board Member International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management (2015 - Present)
- Editorial Review Board Member Journal of Business Research (2015 - 2018)
- Marketing Management Association (2016 - Present)
- American Marketing Association (2014 - Present)
- Academy of Marketing Science (2012 - Present)