- Ph D, Cornell University, School of Industrial and Labor Relations
- MBA, University of Notre Dame
- BA, University of Utah
Academic Interest / ExpertiseEntrepreneurship, Family Entrepreneurship, Family Learning
Awards & Honors
Degree Courses 2022
- EPS 3551 ENTREPRENEURIAL FAMILIES
- EPS 3553 ENTREPRENEURIAL FAMILIES PROJECT
- MOB 3526 VALUES BASED ENTREPRENEURIAL LEADERSHIP
- MSM 6110 GLOBAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP EXPERIENCE
Degree Courses 2021
- EPS 3551 ENTREPRENEURIAL FAMILIES
- EPS 3552 ENTREPRENEURIAL FAMILIES PROJECT
- EPS 1215 ENTREPRENEUR FAMILY
- EPS 1216 FAMILY EPS AMPLIFIER
- EPS 1218 FAMILY EPS AMPLIFIER
- FME 1001 FOUNDS MGMT & EPS
- Allen, M.R. (2020). How to prepare your family business for the unexpected. Harvard Business Review. link
- Allen, M.R., George, B.A., Davis, J. (2018). A Model for the Role of Trust in Firm Level Performance: The Case of Family Businesses. Journal of Business Research. Vol: 84, Page: 34-45.
- Colakoglu, S., Allen, M.R., Miah, k., Bird, A. (2016). Are we there yet? Comparing adoption, internalization, and effectiveness of high-investment HR values among local firms and MNC subsidiaries of U.S. firms in South Asia. International Journal of Human Resource Management. Vol: 27, Issue: 13, Page: 1426-1447. Routledge. link
- Allen, M.R., Adomdzab, G.K., Meyer, M.H. (2015). Managing for innovation: Managerial control and employee level outcomes. Journal of Business Research. Vol: 68, Issue: 2, Page: 371–379. Elsevier Inc.. link
- Allen, M.R., Ericksen, J., Collins, C.J. (2013). Employee Exchange Relationships, and Performance in Small Businesses. Human Resource Management. Vol: 52, Issue: 2, Page: 153-173. John Wiley & Sons, Inc.. link
- Allen, M.R. (2011). The Challenge of Career Path Uncertainty for Internal Ventures. Journal of Applied Management & Entrepreneurship. Vol: 16, Issue: 4. Whitney Press.
- Allen, M.R. (2010). Is Blood Thicker than Water: A Study of Stewardship Perceptions in Family Business. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice. Vol: 34, Issue: 6, Page: 1093-1116. Wiley - Blackwell.
- Allen, M.R. (2010). Ready seafood : business model innovation and venturing in a mature industry. International Review of Entrepreneurship. Vol: 8, Issue: 3, Page: 231-244. Senate Hall Academic Publishing.
- Allen, M.R. (2008). The danger of misinterpreting short-window event study findings in strategic management research: an empirical illustration using horizontal acquisitions. Strategic Organization. Vol: 6, Issue: 2, Page: 151-184. Sage.
- Allen, M.R., Gartner, W.B. (2021). Family Entrepreneurship - Insights from Leading Experts on Successful Transgenerational Entrepreneurial Families: Family Entrepreneurship. Palgrave MacMillan.
- Altbach, P.G., Choi, E., Allen, M.R., DeWitt, H. (2019). The Global Phenomenon of Family Owned or Managed Universities: The Global Phenomenon of Family Owned or Managed Universities. Page: 280. Brill. link
- Allen, M.R. (2021). Can entrepreneurship be continued from one generation to the next? The answer to that question can be found in the socialization process: Family Entrepreneurship - Insights from Leading Experts on Successful Transgenerational Entrepreneurial Families. Palgrave MacMillan .
- Allen, M.R. (2021). Idea generation, a family affair: Teaching Entrepreneurship, Volume 2. Edward Elgar.
- Choi, E., Allen, M.R., Altbach, P.G., DeWitt, H. (2019). A Model of Family Based Higher Education Management - Challenges and Opportunities: The Global Phenemon of Family Owned or Managed Universities. Brill.
- Allen, M.R., Choi, E. (2019). Family Involvement in University Management: The Global Phenomenon of Family Owned or Managed Universities. Brill.
- Allen, M.R., Snell, S.A. (2014). Human Resource Strategy, Entrepreneurial: Wiley Encyclopedia of Management. Vol: Volume 3. Entrepreneurship, Issue: 3rd. John Wiley & Sons, Inc..
- Brush, C.S., Allen, M.R. (2014). Exercises to practice creation: Resource acquisition game: Teaching Entrepreneurship: A Practice-Based Approach. Page: 214-218. Edward Elgar Pub.
- Allen, M.R. (2014). Exercises to practice empathy: Family systems: Teaching Entrepreneurship: A Practice-Based Approach. Page: 178-183. Edward Elgar Pub.
- Kelley, D.J., Gartner, W.B., Allen, M.R. (2020). Global Entrepreneurship Monitor Family Business Report: Global Entrepreneurship Monitor Family Business Report. Babson College.
Department & College Wide Services
- Institute for Family Entrepreneurship (Fall 2018 - Spring 2020)