An optional way to focus your education.
Concentrations allow you to focus your learning on a subject area of interest. They offer a targeted way to customize your degree, connect with specific faculty advisers, and align your education with your career aspirations.
- Concentrations are four courses (14-16 credits)
- Students may choose a maximum of two concentrations that will be noted on their official transcript
- Only one course may overlap between two concentrations
- 1-2 courses taken abroad may apply towards a concentration with faculty contact approval. Review individual concentration pages for specific guidelines regarding abroad coursework
Each concentration lists a faculty contact who serves as an adviser to students who have an interest in the given concentration. You should feel free to contact these faculty members with questions.
To declare a concentration in Workday, please click on the following link for step-by-step instructions: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12q82_69q0Jbe9LAfr_Mra8_YecoKga1T/view
The deadlines to formally declare concentrations are as follows:
- For May graduates: February 15 of graduation year
- For August graduates: May 15 of graduation year
- For December graduates: September 30 of graduation year
Visit Student Advising & Success for more information.