- Associate Professor
Academic Division: Accounting & Law
- JD, Boston College Law School
- MBA, Boston College, Carroll School of Management
- BA, College of William & Mary
Academic Interest / ExpertiseBusiness Law; Sustainability; Sustainable Entrepreneurship; Social Entrepreneurship; Corporate Social Responsibility; Environmental Entrepreneurship; Global Environmental Issues; Socially Responsible Investing
Awards & Honors
- Trautman, L., Seaborn, P., Sulkowski, A.J., Mayer, D., Luttrell, R.T. (2021). Cannabis At The Crossroads: Regulation, A Transdisciplinary Analysis and Policy Prescription. Oklahoma City University Law Review.
- Sulkowski, A.J., Kowalczyk, W., Ahrendsen, B.L., Kowalski, R., Majewski, E. (2021). Enhancing sustainability education through experiential learning of sustainability reporting, International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education. International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education. Vol: 21, Issue: 6. link
- Bagley, C., Sulkowski, A.J., Sandler Nelson, J., Waddock, S., Shrivastava, P. (2020). A Path to Developing More Insightful Business School Graduates: A Systems-Based, Experiential Approach to Integrating Law, Strategy, and Sustainability. Academy of Management Learning & Education. link
- Sulkowski, A.J. (2020). The Tao of DAO: Hardcoding Business Ethics on Blockchain. Rutgers Computer & Technology Law Journal. link
- Sulkowski, A.J. (2019). Industry 4.0 Era Technology (AI, Big Data, Blockchain, DAO): Why the Law Needs New Memes. Kansas Journal of Law & Public Policy Online.
- Heminway, J.M., Sulkowski, A.J. (2019). Blockchains, Corporate Governance, and the Lawyer's Role. The Wayne Law Review.
- Sulkowski, A.J. (2019). Blockchain, Business Supply Chains, Sustainability, and Law: The Future of Governance, Legal Frameworks, and Lawyers?. Delaware Journal of Corporate Law.
- Mayer, D., Sulkowski, A.J. (2019). The U.S. Constitution's Emoluments Clauses: How History, Behavioral Psychology, and the Framers' Understanding of the Corruption All Require an End to President Trump's Conflicts of Interest. British Journal of American Legal Studies.
- Sulkowski, A.J., Edwards, M., Freeman, R.E. (2018). Shake Your Stakeholder: Firm Initiated Interactions to Create Shared Sustainable Value. Organization & Environment. link
- Sulkowski, A.J. (2017). Rodolfo's Casa Caribe in Cuba: Business, Ethical & Legal Challenges of Investing in a Start-Up in Havana. Journal of Legal Studies Education.
- Alexander, M., Sulkowski, A.J., Wiggins, W. (2016). Sustainability & Tax Policy: Fixing a Patchwork of Policies with a Coherent Federal Framework. Virginia Environmental Law Journal.
- Berger-Walliser, G., Sulkowski, A.J., Shrivastava, P. (2016). Using Proactive Legal Strategies for Corporate Environmental Sustainability. Michigan Journal of Environmental & Administrative Law.
- Sulkowski, A.J. (2016). City Sustainability Reporting: An Emerging & Desirable Legal Necessity. Pace Environmental Law Review. Vol: 33, Issue: 2, Page: 278-299. Pace University School of Law.
- Sulkowski, A.J., Waddock, S. (2016). Midas, Cassandra and the Buddha: Curing Delusional Growth Myopia by Focusing on Thriving. Journal of Corporate Citizenship, The. Vol: 2016, Issue: 61, Page: 15-43. Greenleaf Publishing.
- Sulkowski, A.J., White, D.S. (2016). A happiness Kuznets curve? Using model-based cluster analysis to group countries based on happiness, development, income, and carbon emissions. Environment, Development and Sustainability. Vol: 18, Issue: 4, Page: 1095-1111. Springer Netherlands.
- Sulkowski, A.J., Waddock, S. (2013). Beyond Sustainability Reporting: Integrated Reporting is Practiced, Required and More Would Be Better. The University of Saint Thomas Law Journal. Vol: 10, Issue: 4, Page: 1060-1085. University of St. Thomas School of Law.
- Hughey, C.J., Sulkowski, A.J. (2012). More disclosure= better CSR reputation? An examination of CSR reputation leaders and laggards in the global oil & gas industry. Journal of Academy of Business and Economics. Vol: 12, Issue: 2, Page: 24-34. International Academy of Business and Economics.
- Sulkowski, A.J. (2016). Warsaw, Poland & City Sustainability Reporting : Climate Change and Cities: Second Assessment Report of the Urban Climate Change Research Network.
- Sulkowski, A.J. (2017). University Experiential Learning Partnerships as Living Laboratories for Sustainability: Handbook of Sustainability in Management Education: In Search of a Multidisciplinary, Innovative and Integrated Approach. Page: 433-454.
- Sulkowski, A.J. (2019). Hardcoding Ethics: The Tao of DAO for Any Business. Academy of Legal Studies in Business.
- Sulkowski, A.J. (2018). Blockchain, Law, and Improving Business Supply Chains: The Need for Governance and Legal Frameworks To Achieve Sustainability: Academy of Legal Studies in Business Proceedings. link
- Sulkowski, A.J., Donaldson, T., Bagley, C., Edwards, M., Sandler Nelson, J., Useem, M., Snapp, M. (2018). Tom Dunfee Memorial Symposium on Law at AOM: Legal Lacunae & Governance Solutions Related to Human Well-Being An All Academy Panel Symposium: Academy of Management Proceedings. link
- Sulkowski, A.J., Bagley, C., Sandler Nelson, J., Waddock, S., Shrivastava, P., Scott, I. (2017). Law, Management, and Strategy: Collapsing Boundaries and Managing the Interstices: Academy of Management Proceedings. Vol: 2017, Issue: 1. Academy of Management.
- Sulkowski, A.J., Randolph, A.F., Luippold, B.L., Bailey, J. (2017). The Rail Trail Flatbread Company Case. United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship (USASBE).
- Edwards, M., Sulkowski, A.J. (2014). Shaking Stakeholders to Leverage a Firm's Unique Capacity in Issue Networks.
- Sulkowski, A.J. (2014). Sustainability Reporting by Cities: As a Securities Law Exemption Erodes, A Nascent Obligation May Be Arising.
- Potvin, K., Tailor, A., Sulkowski, A.J. (2013). Regulatory/Political Climate, Education, Income, Sustainability & Headquarter Locations: What Connection Exists, How to Interpret It & Next Steps For Business Law Scholarship: Academy of Legal Studies in Business.
- Sulkowski, A.J., MacLeod Heminway, J. (2019). Blockchain in Corporate Governance: Implications for Attorneys. Columbia Law School.
- Google Scholar - Adam Sulkowski's publications
- ResearchGate - Adam Sulkowski's publications
- SSRN - Adam Sulkowski's publications
- 50 Yrs of profitable rainforest reforesting (w/ P. Lugari, Colombia, in Medium)
- In USA Today (from the ISIS front, Iraqi Kurdistan, 2016)
- 20 Yrs of Cannibals (w/ J. Elkington in HuffPost)
- Adam J. Sulkowski's blog and CV:
- Adam J. Sulkowski on Babson Blogs
- Officer, President/Elect/Past Strategy & Interdisciplinary Section of the Academy of Legal Studies in Business (2018 - Present)
- Accounting Oversight Board Member & Scholarship Selection Committee Harvard Club of Poland (2017 - Present)
- Officer, President/Elect/Past Tom Dunfee Memorial Symposium on Law & Strategy (2016 - Present)
- Officer, President/Elect/Past North Atlantic Regional Business Law Association (2017 - 2018)
- Chairperson Academy of Legal Studies in Business - student research paper competition (2017 - 2017)
- Co-President Academy of Legal Studies in Business Environmental Law & Sustainability Section (2017 - 2017)
- Chairperson North Atlantic Regional Business Law Association (2016 - 2017)