- Ph D, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- MA, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- MBA, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- BS, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
Academic InterestsCapital Markets; Design of Security Exchanges and Trading Systems; Emerging Equity Markets; Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments and Securities; Investments; Investment Banking
Awards & Honors
- Goldstein, M.A., Lynch, A.H., Zsom, A., Arbetter, T., Chang, A., Fetterer, F. (2018). The step-like evolution of Arctic open water. Scientific Reports. Vol: 8, Issue: 16902, Page: 1-9. Nature. link
- Goldstein, M.A., Hotchkiss, E.S. (in press). Providing Liquidity in an Illiquid Market: Dealer Behavior in U.S. Corporate Bonds Abstract. Journal of Financial Economics. Elsevier. link
- Goldstein, M.A., McCarthy, J., Orlov, A.G. (in press). Moving Together or Apart? Stock Market Comovements across Eurozone, EU, and Non-EU Economies before, during and after the Financial Crisis. The Financial Review. link
- Sturm, M., Goldstein, M.A., Parr, C. (2017). Water and life from snow: A trillion dollar science question. Water Resources Research. Vol: 53, Issue: 5, Page: 3534–3544 . Wiley. link
- Ma, S., Goldstein, M.A., Pitman, A.J., Haghdadi, N., MacGill, I. (2017). Pricing the urban cooling benefits of solar panel deployment in Sydney, Australia. Scientific Reports. Vol: 7, Issue: 43938. Springer Nature Group. link
- Sturm, M., Goldstein, M.A., Huntington, H., Douglas, T.A. (2017). Using an option pricing approach to evaluate strategic decisions in a rapidly changing climate: Black–Scholes and climate change. Climatic Change. Vol: 140, Issue: 3, Page: 437–449. Springer International Publishing AG (Springer Nature Group). link
- Goldstein, M.A., Goyal, A., Lucey, B.M., Muckley, C.B. (2015). The Global Preference for Dividends in Declining Markets. The Financial Review. Vol: 50, Issue: 4 (November), Page: 575-609. Wiley-Blackwell Publishing, Inc.. link
- Goldstein, M.A. (2015). Circuit Breakers, Trading Collars, and Volatility Transmission Across Markets: Evidence from NYSE Rule 80A. The Financial Review. Vol: 50, Issue: 3 (August), Page: 459–479. Wiley-Blackwell Publishing, Inc.. link
- Goldstein, M.A., Kumar, P., Graves, F.C. (2014). Computerized and High-Frequency Trading. The Financial Review. Vol: 49, Issue: 2, Page: 177-202. Wiley-Blackwell Publishing, Inc.. link
- Goldstein, M.A., Irvine, P., Puckett, A. (2011). Purchasing IPOs with Commissions. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis. Vol: 46, Issue: 5 (October), Page: 1193–1225. Cambridge University Press. link
- Goldstein, M.A., Fuller, K.P. (2011). Do Dividends Matter More in Declining Markets. Journal of Corporate Finance. Vol: 17, Issue: 3, Page: 457-473. Elsevier B.V.. link
- Goldstein, M.A., Irvine, P., Kandel, E., Wiener, Z. (2009). Brokerage Commissions and Institutional Trading Patterns. Review of Financial Studies, The. Vol: 22, Issue: 12, Page: 5175-5212. Oxford University Pres.
- Goldstein, M.A., Shkilko, A.V., Van Ness, B.F., Van Ness, R.A. (2008). Competition in the Market for NASDAQ Securities. Journal of Financial Markets. Vol: 11, Issue: 2, Page: 113-143. Elsevier B.V.. link
- Goldstein, M.A., Truman, G., Pachamanova, D. (2007). InterCon Travel Health Teaching Note and Case Study. Journal of the Academy of Business Education. Vol: 8, Issue: Summer 2007, Page: 17-32.
- Goldstein, M.A., Hotchkiss, E., Sirri, E. (2007). Transparency and Liquidity: A Controlled Experiment on Corporate Bonds. Review of Financial Studies, The. Vol: 20, Issue: March 2007, Page: 235-273.
- Goldstein, M.A., Kavajecz, K. (2004). Trading Strategies during Circuit Breakers and Extreme Market Movements. Journal of Financial Markets. Vol: 7, Issue: 3, June 2004, Page: 301-333.
- Goldstein, M.A., Van Ness, B., Van Ness, R. (2006). The Intraday Probability of Informed Trading on the NYSE: Advances in Quantitative Analysis of Finance and Accounting. Vol: 3, Page: Chapter 7, 139-158. World Scientific Press.
Cases and Teaching Notes
- Truman, G., Pachamanova, D.A., Goldstein, M.A. (2010). InterCon Travel Health Case Study (B): Journal of Information Systems Education. Vol: 21, Issue: 1.
- Goldstein, M.A. (2014). Review of "Arctic Economics in the 21st Century: The Benefits and Costs of Cold. By Heather A. Conley": Journal of Economic Literature. Vol: 52, Issue: 2, Page: 565-567. American Economic Association. link
- Goldstein, M. (2011). Trading at the Speed of Light: The Impact of High-Frequency Trading on Market Performance, Regulatory Oversight, and Securities Litigation: Finance: Current Topics in Corporate Finance and Litigation. Issue: 2. The Brattle Group. link
- Goldstein, M.A., McCarthy, J., Orlov, A.G. (2015). Stock Market Contagion in Advanced and Peripheral Economies: A Nonlinear Examination of Comovements across Eurozone Markets. SSRN. link
- Goldstein, M.A. (2014). Special Issue on Computerized and High-Frequency Trading: Guest Editor's Note: Financial Review. Vol: 49, Issue: 2, Page: 173-175. Wiley-Blackwell Publishing, Inc.. link
- Officer, Treasurer The Pilgrim John Howland Society ()
- Admiral and Captain of 1628 Shallop The Elizabeth Tilley Pilgrim John Howland Society ()
- Vice-President, Program Eastern Finance Association (2017 - 2018)
- Mass. Dept of Public Health, Office of Emergency Medical Services (2017)