- Associate Professor
- Stephen C. and Carmella R. Kletjian Foundation Distinguished Professor of Global Healthcare Entrepreneurship
- Founding Faculty Director, Kerry Murphy Healey Center for Health Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Academic Division: Operations and Information Management
- Ph D, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- MS, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- BA, Albany State University
- BS, Georgia Institute of Technology
Academic Interest / ExpertiseHealthcare Systems Innovation and Improvement, Scaling Operations, Experimentation and Problem Solving
Awards & Honors
Degree Courses 2022
- OIM 7503 EXPERIMENT TO SCALE
- OIM 3501 GLOBAL HEALTH INNOVATION LAB
- SME 2002 OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
Degree Courses 2021
- OIM 7503 EXPERIMENT TO SCALE
- SME 2002 OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
- Glover, W.J., Li, Z., Pachamanova, D.A. (2022). The AI-Enhanced Future of Health Care Administrative Task Management. New England Journal of Medicine Catalyst Innovations in Care Delivery. Issue: March. Massachusetts Medical Society. link
- Pachamanova, D.A., Glover, W.J., Li, Z., Docktor, M., Gujral, N. (2021). Identifying Patterns in Administrative Tasks through Structural Topic Modeling: A Study of Task Definitions, Prevalence, and Shifts in a Mental Health Practice’s Operations during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association. Vol: 28, Issue: 12, Page: 2707-2715. Oxford University Press. link
- Glover, W.J., Nissinboim, N., Naveh, E. (2020). Examining Innovation in Hospital Units: A Complex Adaptive Systems Approach. BMC Health Services Research. link
- Davenport, T.H., Glover, W.J. (2018). Artificial Intelligence and the Augmentation of Health Care Decision-Making. NEJM Catalyst. New England Journal of Medicine. link
- Aleu, F., Van Aken, E., Cross, J., Glover, W.J. (2018). Kaizen with continuous improvement projects in hospitals: critical success factors. The TQM Journal. Vol: 30, Issue: 4, Page: 335-355.
- Horný, M., Glover, W.J., Gupte, G., Saraswat, A., Vimalananda, V., Rosenzweig, J. (2017). Patient navigation to improve diabetes outpatient care at a safety-net hospital: a retrospective cohort study. BMC Health Services Research. Vol: 17, Issue: 759, Page: 13. BioMed Central Ltd..
- Glover, W.J., Li, Q., Naveh, E., Gross, M. (2017). Improving Quality through Integration in a Hospital Setting: A Human Systems Integration Approach. IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management. Vol: 64, Issue: 3, Page: 365 - 376.
- Novikov, Z., Glover, W.J., Trepman, P., Naveh, E., Goldfracht, M. (2016). How do integrative practices influence patient-centered care?: An exploratory study comparing diabetes and mental health care. Health Care Management Review. Vol: 41, Issue: 2, Page: 113-126. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- Glover, W.J., Farris, J.A., Van Aken, E.M. (2015). The relationship between continuous improvement and rapid improvement sustainability. International Journal of Production Research. Vol: 53, Issue: 13. Taylor & Francis. link
- Liu, W., Asio, S., Farris, J., Glover, W.J., Van Aken, E.M. (2015). Understanding team mental models affecting Kaizen event success. Team Performance Management: an international journal. Vol: 21, Issue: 7/8, Page: 361-385. Emerald Publishing Limited.
- Glover, W.J., Farris, J.A., Van Aken, E. (2014). Kaizen Events: Assessing the Existing Literature and Convergence of Practices. Engineering Management Journal. American Society for Engineering Management. link
- Glover, W.J., Liu, W., Farris, J.A., Van Aken, E.M. (2013). Characteristics of Established Kaizen Event Programs: An Empirical Study. International Journal of Operations & Production Management. Vol: 33, Issue: 9, Page: 1166-1201. Emerald Group Publishing Ltd..
- Glover, W.J., Farris, J., Van Akenc, E., Doolen, T. (2013). Kaizen Event Result Sustainability for Lean Enterprise Transformation. Journal of Enterprise Transformation. Vol: 3, Issue: 3, Page: 136-160. Taylor & Francis Inc..
- Yang, J.Y., Glover, W.J., Rhodes, A.M., Nightingale, D. (2013). A Conceptual Model of the Psychological Health System for U.S. Active Duty Service Members: An Approach to Inform Leadership and Policy Decision Making. Military Medicine: International Journal of AMSUS. Vol: 178, Issue: 6, Page: 596–606. Association of Military Surgeons of the US. link
- Glover, W.J., Farris, J.A., Van Aken, E.M., , T.L. (2011). Critical success factors for the sustainability of Kaizen event human resource outcomes: An empirical study. International Journal of Production Economics. Vol: 132, Issue: 2, Page: 197–213. Elsevier BV.
Cases and Teaching Notes
- Stoddard, D.B., Glover, W.J., Mancha, R. (2020). Beyond Wireless. Babson College.
- Glover, W.J., Hendricks-Sturrup, R. (2021). Ethics and Equity-centred Perspectives in Engineering Systems Design: Handbook of Engineering Systems Design. Springer Reference.
- Glover, W.J., Crocker, A., Brush, C.S. (2021). Defining Healthcare Entrepreneurship: A Delphi Study: Academy of Management Proceedings . Vol: Aug., Issue: 1. Academy of Management.
- Glover, W.J., Bailey, J. (2016). Comparing Lean and Design Thinking: A Human Systems Integration Approach. Proceedings of the 2016 Industrial Engineering Research Conference.
- Glover, W.J., Poopunsri, T., Hurley, R. (2014). Applying Lean to Non-Profit Organizations: A Food Bank Case Study: Proceedings of the 2014 Industrial Engineering Research Conference.
- Blank, T., Glover, W.J., Naveh, E. (2014). Achieving Radical Innovation under Time Pressure: Stop & Think and Exploration: 2014 Academy of Management Annual Meeting Proceedings. Academy of Management.
- Wood, D., Pfotenhauer, S., Glover, W.J., Newman, D. (2013). Disruptive Innovation in Public Service Sectors: Ambidexterity and the Role of Incumbents: Proceedings of the 2013 European Conference of Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- Pagani, P., Glover, W.J. (2013). Describing Systems of Systems: Preliminary Comparison of the Literature to Current State Practices: Proceedings of the 2013 Industrial Engineering Research Conference.
- Li, Q., Glover, W.J., Naveh, E., Gross, M. (2013). Improving Departmental Quality with Interdepartmental Integration in Hospitals: Proceedings of the 2013 Industrial Engineering Research Conference.
- Kamin, C., Glover, W.J. (2012). Enterprise Integration Qualitative Analysis of Psychological Health in the U.S. Military: Proceedings of the 2012 Industrial Engineering Research Conference.
- Glover, W.J. (2012). Framework of Enterprise Integration of Health-Related Organizations: Proceedings of the 33rd International Annual Conference of the American Society for Engineering Management.
- Glover, W.J. (2012). Managing Successful Integrated Enterprises the U.S. Military Health System: Proceedings of the IIE Annual Conference and Expo 2012.
- Wang, W., Glover, W.J. (2012). Strategic Workforce Management Systems as a Dynamic Capability for High Performance: A Conceptual Case of Operational and Health Outcomes Among OIF/OEF Service Members: Proceedings of the 2012 Industrial Engineering Research Conference.
- Glover, W.J., Rhodes, D., Davidz, H. (2012). Systems Thinking and Social Capabilities: Toward a More Inclusive View of Engineering Competencies for High Performance in Sociotechnical Enterprises: Proceedings of the 2012 International Council on Systems Engineering International Workshop.
Articles - Circular or newsletter (e.g., Babson Insight)
- Glover, W.J. (2018). SCALING AND SUSTAINING HEALTHCARE INNOVATION: INSIGHTS FROM A U.S./UGANDAN PARTNERSHIP. Babson Insight. link
- Editor, Associate Editor Engineering Management Journal (2012 - Present)