- Ph D, Boston University
- MS, Boston University
- BA, Cornell University
Academic Interest / ExpertiseFilm and Cultural History; Narrative Theory; Film Genre; Independent and Documentary Film
Awards & Honors
- 2017 — Babson Faculty Research Award, Babson College
- 2016 — Summer Research Stipend, Babson Faculty Research Fund
- 2015 — Babson Teaching Innovation Fund grant, Babson College
- 2014 — Babson Research Scholar, Babson College
- 2013 — Summer Research Stipend, Babson College
- 2012 — Summer Research Stipend, Babson College
- 2011 — Babson Teaching Innovation Fund grant, Babson College
- 2011 — Women Who Make a Difference , Babson College
Degree Courses 2023
- FLM 4671 COMIC FORM IN FILM
Degree Courses 2022
- FLM 4671 COMIC FORM IN FILM
- Schultz, J.L., Comer, D.R., Holbrook, R., Lewis, V.J., Tosti-Kharas, J., Levinson, J.R., Wayne, K., Michaelson, C.W., Cooper, E.A., Tong, A.S. (2023). Two thumbs up: Teaching human resource management topics using recently-released films. Journal of Human Resources Education. Vol: 17, Issue: 1/2, Page: 1-38. link
- Levinson, J.R. (2015). Time and Time Again: Temporality, Narrativity and Spectatorship in Christian Marclay’s The Clock. Cinema Journal. Vol: 54, Issue: 3, Page: 88-109. University of Texas Press.
- Levinson, J.R., Mandel, R.P. (2013). Teaching Research Methodologies to Professionally Oriented Honors Students. Honors in Practice. Vol: 9, Page: 163-172. National Collegiate Honors Council. link
- Levinson, J.R., Springer, C. (2015). The Auteur Renaissance: 1968-1980: Acting: Behind the Silver Screen (Volume 4). Page: 95-119. Rutgers University Press.
- Levinson, J.R. (2014). Alexander Payne: Interviews (Conversations with Filmmakers Series). Page: 231. University Press of Mississippi.
- Levinson, J.R. (2012). The American Success Myth on Film. Page: 232. Palgrave Macmillan.
Cases and Teaching Notes
- Tosti-Kharas, J., Levinson, J.R. (2020). "Downsizing is about saving yourself:" The paradoxical nature of work and career success in Downsizing. SAGE Business Case Series on the Humanities and Arts in Business.
- Levinson, J. (2016). City as Text: A Teaching Resource Document. Babson College, Harvard University and the Case Centre.
- Levinson, J.R. (2021). 2017: Movies and the Right to Be Heard: American Cinema of the 2010s: Themes and Variations. Page: 193-216. Rutgers University Press.
- Levinson, J.R. (2019). “I can’t sleep. I’m losing my hair. I’m fat and repulsive:”. Crises of Masculinity and Artistry in Spike Jonze’s Adaptation: Refocus: The Films of Spike Jonze.. Page: 86-104. Edinburgh University Press.
- Levinson, J.R., Rademacher, V.N. (2015). Global Film Across the Curriculum: Narrative Imagination and Pedagogical Innovation: Evolving Entrepreneurial Education: Innovation in the Babson Classroom. Page: 191-216. Emerald Group Publishing.
- Levinson, J.R. (2015). The Auteur Renaissance, 1968 – 1980: Acting (Behind the Silver Screen Series, Vol 4). Page: 95-119.
- Levinson, J.R. (2020). Lost Soles. Punctuate Literary Journal.
Department & College Wide Services
- Arts and Humanities Division Chair (Fall 2016 - Fall 2019)