- Ph D, Columbia University
- M.Phil, Columbia University
- MA, Brandeis University
- BA, Brandeis University
Academic Interest / ExpertiseEconomics of Education; Education Finance; Gender; Gender Studies; Self-employment and Entrepreneurship
Awards & Honors
Degree Courses 2022
- ECN 2690 SOCIO-ECOLOGICAL SYSTEMS:FEEDING MOD US
- NST 2090 SOCIO-ECOLOGICAL SYSTEMS:FEEDING MOD US
Degree Courses 2021
- SME 2031 PRINCIPLES OF MICROECONOMICS
- ECN 3655 MANAGERIAL ECON
- SME 2031 PRINCIPLES OF MICRO
- Randolph, A.F., Greenberg, D., Simon, J.K., Gartner, W.B. (in press). Exploring differences in the antisocial behaviors of adolescent rule-breaking that affect entrepreneurial persistence. International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behavior and Research.
- Simon, J.K., Way, M.M., Polutnik, L., Albright, J. (2019). Linking College Mission Statements to Cost Containment Strategies. International Journal of Educational Management. Vol: 33, Issue: 4, Page: 792-804. Emerald.
- Simon, J.K., Way, M.M. (2016). Why the Gap? Determinants of Self-Employment Earnings Differentials for Male and Female Millennials in the US. Journal of Family and Economic Issues. Vol: 37, Issue: 2, Page: 297-312. Springer New York LLC. link
- Simon, J.K., Way, M.M. (2015). Working from home and the gender gap in earnings for self-employed US Millennials. Gender in Management: An International Journal. Vol: 30, Issue: 3, Page: 206-224. Emerald Group Publishing. link
- Simon, J.K., Way, M.M. (2021). Gendered returns to education for self-employed U.S. Millennials: A call for research: Women and Global Entrepreneurship: Contextualising Everyday Experiences. Routledge.
- Simon, J.K. (2014). Food Security: Beyond Calories [Review of the book Reclaiming Food Security by Michael S. Carolan]: Journal of International Affairs. Vol: 67, Issue: 2, Page: 201-203.
- Polutnik, L., Way, M.M., Simon, J.K. (2016). Containing costs while enhancing the educational mission: A study of best practices for small private colleges. Davis Educational Foundation.
- Randolph, A.F., Simon, J.K., Greenberg, D., Gartner, W.B. (2020). Rule Breaking, Gender, Social Status and Entrepreneurial Persistence.