Business Analytics and Machine Learning
The STEM designated Business Analytics and Machine Learning concentration is for MBA students interested in machine learning, programming, and technical career paths.
Coursework in the Business Analytics and Machine Learning concentration is technical, with a focus on programming in Python as well as becoming proficient in other analytics tools. It is a STEM designated program, meaning students graduating with a Business Analytics and Machine Learning concentration may be eligible for 36 months of OPT vs. 12 months for students in non-STEM degree programs.
Credit Requirements for Business Analytics and Machine Learning Concentration (12 credits)
REQUIREMENT A: 9 credits from the following list:
- QTM7571 Intro to Machine Learning Methods for Business (3 credits) or QTM6300
- MIS6300 Programming for Business Analytics (3 credits)
- ECN6300/ECN6310 Modern Econometrics for Business (3 credits) or ECN7520 Economic and Financial Forecasting (3 credits)
- QTM9510: Optimization (3 credits)
REQUIREMENT B: 3 credits from the following list (or a fourth elective from the above):
- MKT7506 Marketing Analytics (3 credits)
- ECN7510 Financial and Macroeconomic Data Analysis (3 credits)
- ECN7555 Health Care: Markets, Analytics, and Strategies (3 credits)
- MIS7525 Agile Experimentation (1.5 credits)
- MKT 9501 Strategy & Tactics of Pricing (3 credits)
- QTM9515 Introduction to Data Science (1.5 Credits)
Class offerings change and new classes are added regularly; all courses may not be listed here.
For more information on the Graduate Business Analytics and Machine Learning concentration requirements, coursework, or career paths, please email Associate Professor Mahdi Majbouri or Professor Dessi Pachamanova.
Rigorous, quantitative STEM training and Babson’s unique entrepreneurial mindset are a powerful combination. Still deciding which speciality is right for you? Babson College offers four STEM masters programs.