- Ph D, Boston University
- MS, Boston University
- BA, Cornell University
Academic InterestsFilm and Cultural History; Narrative Theory; Film Genre; Independent and Documentary Film
Awards & Honors
Degree Courses 2019
- LVA 2013 GLOBAL CINEMA
- FLM 4615 FILM GENRE
Degree Courses 2018
- FLM 4610 WORK PLAY & ADULTHOOD IN AMER MOVIES
- FLM 4691 CLASS GENDER ROMANCE IN AMER COMIC FILM
- Levinson, J.R. (2015). Time and Time Again: Temporality, Narrativity and Spectatorship in Christian Marclay’s The Clock. Cinema Journal. Vol: 54, Issue: 3, Page: 88-109. University of Texas Press.
- Levinson, J.R., Mandel, R.P. (2013). Teaching Research Methodologies to Professionally Oriented Honors Students. Honors in Practice. Vol: 9, Page: 163-172. National Collegiate Honors Council.
- Levinson, J.R., Springer, C. (2015). Acting (Behind the Silver Screen, Volume 4). Rutgers University Press.
- Levinson, J.R. (2014). Alexander Payne: Interviews (Conversations with Filmmakers Series). Page: 231. University Press of Mississippi.
- Levinson, J.R. (2012). The American Success Myth on Film. Page: 232. Palgrave Macmillan.
Cases and Teaching Notes
- Tosti-Kharas, J., Levinson, J.R. (in press). "Downsizing is about saving yourself:" The paradoxical nature of work and career success in Downsizing. SAGE Business Case Series on the Humanities and Arts in Business.
- Levinson, J. (2016). City as Text: A Teaching Resource Document. Babson College, Harvard University and the Case Centre.
- Levinson, J.R. (2019). “I can’t sleep. I’m losing my hair. I’m fat and repulsive:”.” Crises of Masculinity and Artistry in Spike Jonze’s Adaptation: Refocus: The Films of Spike Jonze.. Edinburgh University Press.
- Levinson, J.R., Rademacher, V.N. (2015). Global Film Across the Curriculum: Narrative Imagination and Pedagogical Innovation: Evolving Entrepreneurial Education: Innovation in the Babson Classroom. Emerald Group Publishing.
- Levinson, J.R. (2015). Acting: The Auteur Renaissance, 1968 – 1980: Acting (Behind the Silver Screen Series, vol. 4).