- Associate Professor
Academic Division: History & Society
- Ph D, The University of Iowa
- MA, The University of Iowa
- BA, Fudan University
Academic Interest / ExpertiseGlobal/Comparative Media; Critical Cultural Theory; Advertising and Consumer Culture; Environmental Communication; Ecocriticism; Sustainability and Environmental Issues
Degree Courses 2019
- HSS 2020 MEDIA STUDIES
- Li, X. (2019). Understanding Nao: A Chinese "Image Event". Vol: 16, Issue: 4, Page: 370-381. Communication and Critical/Cultural Studies. link
- Li, X. (2013). A Comparative Analysis of Hybrid Car Advertisements in the USA and China: Desire, Globalization, and Environment. Environmental Communication. Vol: 7, Issue: 4, Page: 512-528. Routledge.
- Li, X. (2011). Whispering: The Murmur of Power in a Lo-Fi World. Media, Culture & Society. Vol: 33, Issue: 1, Page: 19-34. Sage.
- Li, X. (2016). Environmental Advertising in China and the USA: The Desire to Go Green: Environmental Advertising in China and the USA: The Desire to Go Green. Page: 172. Routledge. link
- Li, X. (2020). Selling the "Wild" in China: Ancient Values, Wilderness Histories, and the Quyeba Advertising Campaign: Green Communication and China: On Crisis, Care, and Global Futures. Michigan State University Press.
- Li, X. (2007). From the "Love of Nature" to Natural Love: Brokeback Mountain, Universal Identification, and Gay Politics": Reading Brokeback Mountain: Essays on the Story and the Film. Page: p.106-117. McFarland & Company.
- Li, X. (2012). The “Organi-vore’s” Dilemma: A Comparative Analysis of Organic Food Advertising in China and the U.S. (Paper 125): Babson Faculty Research Fund Working Papers. Digital Knowledge at Babson. link
- Li, X. (2013). Eco-Jokes and Their Relation to the UnCO2nscious: Larry David’s "Curb Global Warming" Campaign and Other Environmental Comedies: Communication for the Commons: Proceedings for the 2013 Conference on Communication and the Environment (COCE). International Environmental Communication Association.
- Li, X. (2015). Becoming Critical Participants of Media Culture. Babson College. link
- Program Organizer International Communication Association, Environmental Communication Division (2016 - 2018)
- Reviewer, Ad Hoc Reviewer Global Media and China (journal) (2017 - 2017)
- Officer, Secretary International Communication Association, Environmental Communication Division (2015 - 2016)
- Reviewer, Ad Hoc Reviewer Environmental Communication: A Journal of Nature and Culture (2013 - 2015)
- Reviewer, Ad Hoc Reviewer Journal of Advertising (2012 - 2012)
- Reviewer, Conference Paper Biannual Conference on Communication and Environment (2011 - 2011)
- Reviewer, Conference Paper Annual Convention for the National Communication Association (2009 - 2010)
- International Environmental Communication Association (2012)
- International Communication Association (2008)