Visit the Babson Together website for information about our spring return to campus plan.

Name Changes


Name changes to a student record and College transcript can be completed only for currently enrolled students.  The name on the student record and transcript can only be changed to reflect a student's current legal name.

Currently enrolled students who have legally changed their name may request their name to be changed on their Babson student records. Per the IT Service Center, Babson account names and email addresses are updated to reflect the name change.  A name change for an undergraduate student may affect that student's registration group and rotation as registration groups are based in-part on last names.

Name changes cannot be completed for individuals who are not currently enrolled at Babson.

Babson Alumni cannot change their name on their student record and transcript as these records are sealed upon graduation from the College.

Name Change Process

Important: Regular operations are altered due to the ongoing impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We ask that you please send forms to instead of mail, fax, or in-person. Please email before emailing documents with sensitive information.

Current students who legally changed their name and wish to change their name on their Babson student record and College transcript must submit a completed Name Change Form (pdf) along with the corresponding legal documentation. The legal documentation may be the original or notarized copy of a marriage license, court order, or decree of dissolution reflecting the new name in full. Please only provide the original document if the name change is being requested in-person. Do not send the original document via postal mail as it will not be returned.  We also advise against sending personal documents via email.

Currently enrolled international students who incorrectly entered their legal name on the College application must submit a completed Name Change Form (pdf) and a photocopy of their current passport. The new name requested must be an exact match to the name on the passport.

Upon receipt of a completed name change form and corresponding documentation, the Registrar's Office will update the student's name on the student record and College transcript and will notify the appropriate offices at Babson about the name change.  Due to naming conventions and management issues, the IT Service Center will change Babson account names and email addresses accordingly. Please note – if you are an undergraduate student, your registration group may change.