Legal Name Change Process
Current students who legally changed their name and wish to change their name on their Babson student record and College transcript must submit a name change request along with the corresponding legal documentation. The legal documentation may be the original or notarized copy of a marriage license, court order, or decree of dissolution reflecting the new name in full.
Currently enrolled international students whose legal name was incorrect on the College application must submit a name change request along with a copy of their current passport. The new name requested must be an exact match to the name on the passport.
Name changes requests will be reviewed by the Registrar's Office. If approved, the name on the student record and College transcript will be updated and other offices on campus will receive notification of the change.
To submit a legal name change request:
- Log into Workday Student.
- Click Personal Information from the Applications section.
- Click Legal Name.
- Review the process and policy information listed.
- The Effective Date should be the current date.
- Edit the name fields to reflect your new legal name, as listed on the corresponding legal documentation.
- Attach the corresponding legal documentation.
- Click Submit.
The Registrar’s Office will review your request and Approve, Send Back, or Deny. Reasons requests may be sent back to you include, but are not limited to: legal documentation is not attached, Effective Date is not the current date, name submitted does not match name on documentation, request is preferred name change.