The Blank School engages Babson community members and leads research to create entrepreneurial leaders.
- Ph D, Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs, Syracuse University
- BS, Syracuse University
Academic Interest / ExpertiseFood History, US History, Diaspora History
Awards & Honors
- Opie, F.D. (in press). Food Rebels: Why Freedom Requires Rebellion : Food Rebels: Why Freedom Requires Rebellion . University of California Press.
- Opie, F.D. (2017). Southern Food and Civil Rights: Feeding the Revolution : Southern Food and Civil Rights: Feeding the Revolution . Page: 192. American Palate . link
- Opie, F.D. (2015). Zora Neale Hurston on Florida Food: Recipes, Remedies, and Simple Pleasures. Page: 144. The History Press . link
- Opie, F.D. (2014). Upsetting the Apple Cart: Black-Latino Coalitions in New York City from Protest to Public Office: Columbia History of Urban Life Series. Page: 312. Columbia University Press.
- Opie, F.D. (2009). Black Labor Migration in Caribbean Guatemala, 1882-1923: Florida Work in the Americas Series. University of Florida Press.
- Opie, F.D. (2014). Influence, Sources, and African Diaspora Foodways : Food in Time and Place: The American Historical Association Companion to Food History. Page: 188-208. University of California Press .
- Opie, F.D. (2012). Alcohol and Lowdown Culture in Caribbean Guatemala and Honduras, 1898-1922: Distilling the Influence of Alcohol: Aguardiente in Guatemalan History. Page: 96-119. The University of Florida Press.
- Southern Foodways Alliance (2008 - Present)
- Association for the Study of Food and Society (2005 - Present)
Department & College Wide Services
- Athletic Department Advisory Board (Fall 2015 - Present)