Marjorie N. Feld
Academic Division: History & Society
- Ph D, Brandeis University
- BA, Binghamton University
Academic Interest / ExpertiseHistory and Society
Awards & Honors
- Blodgett, D.M., Feld, M.N. (2020). “Teaching an Interdisciplinary Course in Sustainable Food Systems: Science and History Meet in ‘A World That Works.’” Featured in a special issue titled “Production & Consumption". International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education. Vol: December 2020. Emerald Publishing.
- Feld, M.N., Feld, M.N. (2018). "Teaching Trans: Lessons in Inclusion and Liberation" (co-authored with Babson Student Sky Morgan). The American Historian. Issue: 18, Page: 16-17. The Organization of American Historians. link
- Feld, M.N. (2006). Shul: A Keyword in the New Jewish Studies. Shofar. Vol: 24, Issue: 4, Page: 22-33.
- Feld, M.N. (2005). Hometown Lessons: Lillian D. Wald and the ‘Female Dominion’ of American Reform. Women’s History Magazine. Vol: 50 , Issue: Summer 2005, Page: 9-14.
- Feld, M.N. (in press). ‘An Actual Working Out of Internationalism’: Russian Politics, Zionism, and Lillian Wald’s Ethnic Progressivism. Journal of the Gilded Age and Progressive Era. Vol: 2, Issue: 2, Page: 119-149.
- Feld, M.N. (1999). Issue Co-editor, “Education and Consumerism”. Radical Teacher. Issue: 55.
- Feld, M.N., Sweeney, M. (1999). Sweating the Small Stuff: Mickey, Michael and the Global Sweatshop. Radical Teacher. Issue: 55, Page: 11.
- Feld, M.N. (1996). The ‘Mutuality’ of Society: The Life and Work of Lillian D. Wald, 1893-1919. Women’s Studies Program Working Papers Series. Brandeis University .
- Feld, M.N. (2014). Nations Divided: American Jews and the Struggle over Apartheid. Page: 244. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Feld, M.N. (2008). Lillian D. Wald: A Biography . University of North Carolina Press.
- Feld, M.N. (2019). “‘A Straight and Not Very Long Road’: American Jews, Apartheid, and the Holocaust” : Holocaust Memory and Racism in the Postwar World. Page: 168-195. Wayne State University Press.
- Feld, M.N. (2019). "Choosing Sides": Reclaiming Judaism. Page: 15. Interlink Publishers.
- Duffy, S., Feld, M.N., Langowitz, N.S. (2015). The Center for Women’s Entrepreneurial Leadership: Creating Gender Enlightenment On and Beyond a Business School Campus: Evolving Entrepreneurial Education: Innovation in the Babson Classroom. Page: 473-486. Emerald Publishing Group.
- Feld, M.N. (2019). Review of Marc Dollinger, BLACK POWER, JEWISH POLITICS: Association of Jewish Studies Review . Vol: 43:2, Issue: November 2019, Page: 482-484. Association of Jewish Studies review.
- Feld, M.N. (2019). Review of Shari Rabin, Jews on the Frontier: Religion and Mobility in Nineteenth-Century America in Journal of American Ethnic History. Vol: 38, Issue: 3, Spring 2019, Page: 128-129. Journal of American Ethnic History.
- Feld, M.N. (2016). "Israeli Apartheid: Our South Africa Moment". Journal of the Society for Contemporary Thought and the Islamicate World. link
- Feld, M.N. (2016). "How Intermarriage is Changing American Judaism (for the better)". H-Net Judaic, in H-Net Reviews in the Humanities and Social Sciences. link
- Feld, M.N. (2006). Andrew Heinze, Jews and the American Soul: Human Nature in the 20th Century: American Studies. Vol: 47, Issue: 3-4, Page: 221-222.
- Feld, M.N. (2004). Website of Jewish Women’s Archive, www.jwa.org: Journal of American History. Vol: 9, Issue: 12, Page: 736-737.
- Feld, M.N. (2003). Marianne R. Sanua, Going Greek: Jewish College Fraternities in the United States, 1895-1945: American Jewish History. Vol: 91, Issue: 1, Page: 183-186.
- Feld, M.N. (2003). Michael Staub, Torn at the Roots: The Crisis of Jewish Liberalism in Postwar America: Minnesota Review. Vol: 58-60 , Issue: November 2003, Page: 322-325.
- Feld, M.N. (2002). Daphne Spain, How Women Saved the City: American Studies. Vol: 43, Issue: 1, Page: 187-188.
- Feld, M.N. (2001). Margaret Finnegan, Selling Suffrage: Consumer Culture and Votes for Women : American Studies. Vol: 42, Issue: 1, Page: 177-179.
- Feld, M.N. (2000). Robert A. Rockaway, Words of the Uprooted: Jewish Immigrants in Early Twentieth-Century America : Labor History. Vol: 41, Issue: 3, Page: 368-369.
- Feld, M.N. (1998). Eleanor Stebner, Women of Hull House: History of Education Quarterly. Vol: 38, Issue: 4, Page: 466-468.
- Feld, M.N. (2020). “No Magic Required,” Guest Blog Post about teaching in the pandemic, December 20, 2021. Teaching In Higher Ed Blog by Bonnie Stachowiak. link
- Feld, M.N. (2020). Jewish Currents: White Supremacy and American Jewish History, December 24, 2020: American Jewish Studies and White Supremacy. Jewish Currents Magazine. link
- Feld, M.N. (2020). "Sleepless Nights in 1918: Lillian Wald and Henry Street's First Influenza Epidemic". Henry Street Settlement. link
- Feld, M.N. (2019). "Sight and Memory at the Crossroads": Blog of The Gotham Center for New York City History, The Graduate Center, City University of New York, November 7, 2019.. Blog of The Gotham Center for New York City History, The Graduate Center, City University of New York. link
- Feld, M.N. (2018). "Lillian Wald" entry: Opposition to War: An Encyclopedia of United States Peace and Antiwar Movement. ABC CLIO. link
- Feld, M.N. (2018). “Symmetry: Sylvia Bloom and Lillian Wald". Jewish Women's Archive, JWA.org, and Henry Street Settlement. link
- Feld, M.N., Diner, H. (2016). We're American Jewish Historians. This is Why We've Left Zionism Behind. Issue: Aug. 20, 2016. Ha'aretz. link
- Feld, M.N. (2011). Biography of Lillian Wald on Henry Street Settlement Website .
- Feld, M.N. (2010). Buying Power : Piercing It Together Tour Program.
- Feld, M.N. (2010). Essay Contribution to Immigrant Soles Tour : Playgrounds on the Immigrant Lower East Side.
- Feld, M.N. (2010). The Face of Child Labor : Tenement Museum Blog based on Consultancy work, online.
- Feld, M.N. (2006). “Henry Street Settlement” entry: Encyclopedia of American Urban History. Page: 329. Sage Press.
- Feld, M.N. (2006). “Settlement Houses” entry : Encyclopedia Judaica. Vol: 18, Issue: 2nd Ed, Page: 320. Keter Publishing House.
- Feld, M.N. (2005). “Lillian D. Wald” Entry: The Encyclopedia of New York State. Page: 1648. Syracuse University Press.
- Feld, M.N. (1999). Website Co-author, “Lillian D. Wald,” Women of Valor Project: Jewish Women’s Archive. link
- Feld, M.N. (1998). “Sophie Loeb” entry : American National Biography. Page: L:818-820. Oxford University Press.
- Feld, M.N. (1997). “Lillian D. Wald” entry: Jewish Women in America: An Historical Encyclopedia. Issue: 2, Page: 1446-1449. Routledge.
- Feld, M.N. (1997). “Sophie Loeb” entry : Jewish Women in America: An Historical Encyclopedia. Page: 1:869-870. Routledge.
- A lecture given for Westport Library, "Lillian Wald at Home: Rochester, Henry Street, Westport and the World," Recorded on May 8, 2020
- Listen to a podcast interview with Feld on her book NATIONS DIVIDED.
- Emma Green, “Why the Charlottesville Marchers Were Obsessed with Jews,” The Atlantic, August 15, 2017
- Akinyi Ochieng, “Black Jewish Relations Intensified And Tested by Current Political Climate,” National Public Radio, April 23, 2017