- Ph D, New York University
- MBA, University of Virginia Darden School of Business
- BBA, James Madison University
Academic Interest / ExpertiseOrganizational Behavior
Awards & Honors
Degree Courses 2019
- FME 1001 FOUNDATIONS OF MGMT & ENTREPRENEURS
- MOB 3585 RACIAL IDENTITY AND RACISM AT WORK
- Javadian, G., Opie, T.R., Parise, S.A. (2018). The influence of emotional carrying capacity and network ethnic diversity on entrepreneurial self-efficacy: the case of black and white entrepreneurs. New England Journal of Entrepreneurship.
- Opie, T.R. (2018). Let my hair be me: An investigation of employee authenticity and organizational appearance policies through the lens of Black women’s hair. Fashion Studies.
- Opie, T.R., Livingston, B., Greenberg, D., Murphy, W.C., , . (2018). Building Gender Inclusivity: Disentangling the Influence of Gender Demography on Classroom Participation. Higher Education. Springer Publications. link
- Cross, R.L., Opie, T.R., Pryor, G., Rollag, K.W. (2017). Connect and Adapt: How Network Development and Transformation Improve Retention and Engagement in Employees’ First Five Years. Organizational Dynamics.
- Opie, T.R., Roberts, L.M. (2017). Do black lives really matter in the workplace? Restorative justice as a means to reclaim humanity. Equality, Diversity and Inclusion: an international journal. Vol: 36, Issue: 8, Page: 707-719. Emerald Publishing Limited.
- Opie, T., Phillips, K. (2015). Hair Penalties: The Negative Influence of Afrocentric Hair on Ratings of Black Women’s Dominance and Professionalism. Frontiers in Psychology. Vol: 6, Page: 1-14. Frontiers Research Foundation. link
- Opie, T. (2016). Authenticity and Organizational Norms: A Positive Organizational Scholarship Lens: Positive Organizing in a Global Society: Understanding and Engaging Differences for Capacity-Building and Inclusion. Routledge/Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Inc.. link
- Greenberg, D., Opie, T.R., Murphy, W.C. (2016). Creating a Warm Climate?: The Influence of Demography on Class Participation. Vol: 2016, Issue: 1, Page: 13952. Academy of Management Proceedings.
- Opie, T.R., Javadian, G., Parise, S.A. (2016). Entrepreneurial Self-efficacy:The Role of Emotional Carrying Capacity and Network Ethnic Diversity: Academy of Management Proceedings. Vol: 2016, Issue: 1. Academy of Management. link
- Opie, T.R., Ho, G.C., Akinola, M., Unzueta, M.M., Castel, S.E., Brief, A.P. (2014). Are Diversity Scholars "Servants of Power"? The Consequences of Diversity Rhetoric: Academy of Management Proceedings. link
- Neeley, T., Opie, T.R., Wiruchnipawan, W., Thomas-Hunt, M.C., Polzer, J.T. (2014). Hiring and Status Evaluation for Accented Nonnative Speakers in Global Organizations: Academy of Management Proceedings. link
- Opie, T.R. (2013). How Perceptions of Deservingness and Permanence Affect Peripheral Group Member’ Helping Behavior: Academy of Management Proceedings. Vol: 2013, Issue: 1. link
- Opie, T.R. (2013). The Impact of Minority Group Member Norm Violation on Perceived Professionalism: Academy of Management Proceedings. link
- Livingston, B., Opie, T.R. (2019). Even At "Inclusive" Companies, Women of Color Don't Feel Supported.
- Opie, T.R., Livingston, B. (2018). Survey: Tell Us About Your High-Quality Workplace Relationships.
- Opie, T.R., Freeman, E. (2017). Our Biases Undermine Our Colleagues' Attempts to be Authentic. Harvard Business Review (Online). link