Strategic Management constitutes the processes of analysis, formulation, and implementation towards sustaining competitive advantage.
The Strategic Management concentration requires two core courses to give students an in-depth understanding of the various dimensions of Strategic Management: ecosystem, industry, and competitor analysis, corporate strategy, multinational strategy, and strategy implementation. With the course offerings below, the concentration enables students to develop valuable capabilities for several career directions, including consulting or internal strategic positions.
Sponsored by: Management Division
Faculty Contact: Alia Crocker
If you plan to study abroad: Only two courses taken abroad may be used to satisfy the Strategic Management Concentration and must have a Babson equivalent course code from the (B) course listings below. These courses must be approved through the Glavin Office of International and Multicultural Programs in advance. All other concentration courses must be taken at Babson or lead by a Babson Strategy professor for courses taught abroad.
Four courses are required for the concentration. A minimum of two must be selected from the (A) list and at least one must be selected from the (B) list. The fourth course could be chosen from either (A) or (B). Please note, although the faculty recognize the benefits of the Management Consulting Field Experience (MCFE), this course does not count towards the concentration.
(A) Minimum of two required courses:
- MOB 3506 Mysteries, Puzzles, and Wicked Problems
- MOB 3527 Solving Big Problems
- MOB 3540Israel Start-Up Strategy or
- 3545 Spain/Portugal Start-Up Strategy or
- 3546 Contemporary Strategic Issues in Chile or
- 3555 Paris Start-Up Strategy or
- MFE 3508 International Consulting Experience (while this course is part of MCFE, and this course counts towards the Strategic Management concentration, the overall MCFE program does not count towards the concentration)
- MOB 3560 Global Strategic Management
- MOB 4510 Strategic Decision Making
- MOB 4572 Management Consulting
(B) Minimum of one required course:
- MOB 3514 Leading in a Connected World
- MOB 3582 Global Management Communications
- ECN 3667 Strategic Game Theory
- ECN 3630 Industrial Organization & Public Policy
- MIS 3545 Business Intelligence and Data Analytics
The fourth course may come from either list (A) or (B).