- Ph D, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- M.A., Dartmouth College
- BA, University of Connecticut, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Academic Interest / ExpertiseBusiness Communication; Storytelling; Composition
Awards & Honors
Degree Courses 2020
- COM 3521 BUSINESS WRITING
- MKT 3501 COMMUNICATING CONSUMER BEHAVIOR CHANGE
- COM 7501 STRATEGIC WRITING FOR MANAGERS
- COM 7503 COMMUNICATING AND COLLABORAT VIRT TEAMS
- MOB 7501 STRATEGIC WRITING FOR MANAGERS
- MOB 3521 BUSINESS WRITING
- MOB 3504 COMMUNICATING IN GLOBAL VIRTUAL TEAMS
- Getchell, K.M., Pachamanova, D.A. (in press). Writing to Learn: A Framework for Structuring Writing Assignments to Support Analytics Course Learning Goals. INFORMS Transactions on Education. INFORMS.
- Dubinsky, J., Getchell, K.M. (in press). The Disappearance of Business Communication in Professional Writing Programs. Journal of Business and Technical Communication. Sage.
- Getchell, K.M., Beitelspacher, L.S. (2020). Better Marketing for our Female Marketers: Gendered Language in the Forbes CMO List. Business Horizons. Elsevier.
- Getchell, K.M., Lentz, P.J. (2020). Perspective as a Threshold Concept in Business Communication. International Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning. Georgia Southern University.
- Getchell, K.M., Gonso, K. (2019). Valuing the Process: Building a Foundation for Collaborative Peer Review. Teaching English in the Two-Year College (NCTE).
- Amicucci, A.N., Getchell, K.M., Welsh, S. (in press). Writers as readers: Incoming College students reflect on reading. Reader. Lafayette College.
- Getchell, K.M., Illich, L. (2016). An accurate representation of what?: Students' perceptions of standardized writing assessment. Crosspol. Vol: 2, Issue: 1. link
- Getchell, K.M., Amicucci, A.N. (2014). Responding with the golden rule: A cross-intitutional peer review experiment. Teaching English in the Two-Year College. Vol: 42, Issue: 1, Page: 55-64. National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE). link
- Getchell, K.M., Lentz, P.J. (2018). Rhetorical Theory and Praxis in the Business Communication Classroom : Rhetorical Theory and Praxis in the Business Communication Classroom. Routledge.
- Getchell, K.M., Lentz, P. (2018). Introduction: Breaking New Ground in Business Communication Pedagogy: Rhetorical Theory and Praxis in the Business Communication Classroom. Routledge.
- Getchell, K.M. (2018). The occasion to post: Connecting kairos with entrepreneurship in the business writing classroom: Rhetorical Theory and Praxis in the Business Communication Classroom. Routledge.
- Getchell, K.M. (2011). Situating writing assessment practices: A review of a Guide to College Writing Assessment: Journal of Writing Assessment. Vol: 4, Issue: 1. link
- Cardon, P., Fleischmann, C., Aritz, J., Elhaddaoui, T., Getchell, K.M. (2020). What Happens to Global Virtual Teams When Pandemic Hits? : Association of Business Communication Western Bulletin. link
- Iyer, B.R., Getchell, K.M. (2019). The Classroom of the Future: How Chatbots can Enhance the Student Experience: The Teaching Professor. Magna Publishers. link
- Iyer, B.R., Getchell, K.M., Fleischmann, F. (2018). Humanizing Tech May Be the New Competitive Advantages. MIT Sloan Management Review. link
- Iyer, B.R., Getchell, K.M. (2018). Why APIs Should Be Regulated: Why APIs Should Be Regulated. MIT Sloan Management Review. link
- Whalen, D.J., Getchell, K.M. (2017). Bright as the stars in the Albuquerque desert sky: Classroom tested business communication assignments: Business and Professional Communication Quarterly. Vol: 80, Issue: 2. Sage.
- Zlotkowski, L., Getchell, K.M., Conway, S. (2015). Rebranding an early intervention system through education and collaboration: Rebranding an early alert system through education and collaboration. Vol: 12, Issue: 2. E-Source for College Transitions, University of South Carolina. link
- Eastern US Regional Vice President Association of Business Communication (2021 - Present)