The Blank School engages Babson community members and leads research to create entrepreneurial leaders.
- M.Ed., Harvard Graduate School of Education
- JD, Harvard Law School
- BA, University of Illinois
Academic Interest / ExpertiseAlternative Dispute Resolution; Negotiations; Organizational Behavior; Pedagogy; Curriculum Design; Learning Assessment
Awards & Honors
Degree Courses 2023
- MOB 3580 NEGOTIATIONS
- MOB 7511 NEGOTIATIONS
Degree Courses 2022
- MOB 3580 NEGOTIATIONS
- MOB 7511 NEGOTIATIONS
- Manwaring, M.M., Balachandra, L., Weirup, A.P. (2021). Negotiating the Pandemic Like an Entrepreneur: Lessons from the Turbulent World of Start-Up Ventures. Negotiation Journal. Vol: 37, Issue: 2, Page: 193-202. Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School (via Wiley). link
- Manwaring, M.M. (2019). From Hot-Potato Questions to Teachable Moments: Using Analysis and Meta-Evaluation to Address Trump in the Negotiation Classroom. Negotiation Journal. Vol: 35, Issue: 1, Page: 211-214. Wiley. link
- Deets, S.G., Greenberg, D., Erzurumlu, S.S., Hunt, J.M., Manwaring, M.M., Rodgers, V.L., Swanson, E. (2017). Signing to Living PRME: Learning from a Journey Towards Responsible Management Education. The International Journal of Management Education. Vol: 15, Issue: 2, Page: 205-218.
- Manwaring, M.M., McAdoo, B., Manwaring, M. (2009). Teaching for Implementation: Designing Negotiation Curricula to Maximize Long-Term Learning .
- Manwaring, M.M., Williams , G.R., Farmer , L.C. (2008). New Technology Meets an Old Teaching Challenge. Using Digital Video Recordings, Annotation Software, and Deliberate Practice Techniques to Improve Student Negotiation Skills.
Cases and Teaching Notes
- Cohen, A.R., Kassarjian, J.M., Langowitz, N.S., Manwaring, M.M., Landry, E.M., Greenberg, D. (2012). The Case of the Co-Founders: Instructions for JR. Babson College.
- Cohen, A.R., Kassarjian, J.M., Langowitz, N.S., Manwaring, M.M., Landry, E.M., Greenberg, D. (2012). The Case of the Co-Founders: Instructions for JR and KB. Babson College.
- Cohen, A.R., Kassarjian, J.M., Langowitz, N.S., Manwaring, M.M., Landry, E.M., Greenberg, D. (2012). The Case of the Co-Founders: Instructions for KB. Babson College.
- Manwaring, M.M., Greenberg, D., Hunt, J.M. (2016). Walking the talk: Empowering undergraduate business students to act on their values: Educating for Responsible Management: Putting Theory into Practice. Page: 20. Greenleaf Publishing. link
- Manwaring, M.M. (2013). Developing Negotiation Skills Through the Giving Voice to Values Scripting Approach: Educating for Values-Driven Leadership: Giving Voice to Values Across the Curriculum. Business Expert Press.
- Manwaring, M.M., Kovach , K.K. (2012). Using Video Recordings: A Mirror and a Window on Student Negotiations: Assessing Our Students, Assessing Ourselves. Vol: 2, Page: 97-116. DRI Press .
- Weirup, A.P., Manwaring, M.M., Balachandra, L. (2021). Intra-team conflict in the nascent venture crucible. Academy of Management Proceedings.
- Manwaring, M.M., Druckman, D., Menkel-Meadow, C. (2023). Associate Editors' Note: Negotiation Journal. Vol: 39, Issue: 1. Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School.
- Manwaring, M.M., Balachandra, L. (2022). Introduction to Special Section on Entrepreneurial Negotiation: Negotiation Journal: Special Section on Entrepreneurial Negotiation. Vol: 38, Issue: 1, Page: 7-10. Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School (via John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.). link
- Manwaring, M.M., McAdoo, B., Cheldelin, S. (2010). Orientation and Disorientation: Two Approaches to Designing "Authentic" Negotiation Learning Activities : Venturing Beyond the Classroom: Volume 2 in the Rethinking Negotiation Series. Vol: 2, Issue: Chapter 8 . DRI Press .
- Manwaring, M.M., Nelken, M., McAdoo, B. (2009). Negotiating Learning Environments : Rethinking Negotiation Teaching: Innovations for Context and Culture. Issue: Chapter 14 . DRI Press .
- Manwaring, M.M. (2009). Negotiation Pedagogy Video Series, Part Three : Program on Negotiation Clearinghouse.
- Special Issue Co-Editor Negotiation Journal - Special Issue on Entrepreneurship & Negotiation (2020 - 2022)
- Competition Judge The Negotiation Challenge (TNC) (2020 - 2020)
- Contributor Joshua N. Weiss, The Book of Real World Negotiations (Wiley, Aug. 2020) (2019 - 2019)
- Academy of Management (2020 - Present)
Department & College Wide Services
- Blue Ribbon Committee on Prof. of Practice / Teaching (Spring 2022 - Spring 2022)
- Faculty Senate (Summer 2019 - Summer 2021)
- Committee on Faculty Teaching Effectiveness Assessment (COFTEA) (Fall 2020 - Spring 2021)
- COACHE Faculty Committee (Fall 2018 - Spring 2020)
- Senate Executive Committee (Summer 2018 - Summer 2019)
- Weissman Scholarship Committee (Summer 2018)
- Faculty Search Committee (Spring 2018 - Spring 2018)
- Teaching Innovation Fund Committee (Summer 2016 - Summer 2017)
- Weissman Scholarship Committee (Summer 2016)
- Teaching Innovation Fund Committee (Summer 2015 - Summer 2016)