Vikki L. Rodgers
- Science Director
- Ph D, Boston University
- BS, University of New Hampshire
Academic Interest / ExpertiseEcology; Sustainability; Botany; Climate Change; Biogeochemistry; Conservation Biology; Invasive Species; Biomimicry; Food Systems; Environmental Science; Urban Ecology
Awards & Honors
Degree Courses 2023
- SCN 3600 BIOMIMICRY:APPLY NATURES DESIGN FOR BUS
- SES 2000 SOCIO-ECOLOGICAL SYSTEMS
- NST 2020 CASE STUDIES IN ECOSYSTEM MGMT
Degree Courses 2022
- SCN 3630 ECONOMIC BOTANY
- SES 2000 SOCIO-ECOLOGICAL SYSTEMS
- LVA 2085 SOCIO-ECOLOGICAL PRAIRIE SYSTEMS
- NST 2085 SOCIO-ECOLOGICAL PRAIRIE SYSTEMS
- Erzurumlu, S.S., Deets, S.G., Nersessian, D., Rodgers, V.L. (2023). Strategic Engagement of Business with Sustainable Development Goals: A Systems Thinking Approach. Business Strategy and the Environment. Wiley. link
- Rodgers, V.L., Scanga, S., Kolosvary, M., Garneau, D., Kilgore, J., Anderson, L.J., Hopfensberger, K., Aguilera, A., Urban, R., Juneau, K. (2022). Where is garlic mustard: Understanding the context for dense invasions of Alliaria petiolata. BioScience. Vol: 72, Issue: 6, Page: 521-537. Oxford University Press. link
- Anderson, L., Dosch, J., Linquist, E., McCay, T., Machado, J., Kuers, K., Gartner, T., Shea, K., Rodgers, V.L., Saunders, P., Urban, R., Johnson, D., Kilgore, J., Petersen, M., Powell, A., Ramage, B., Steinweg, M., Straub, J., Bunnell, S., Witkovsky, M. (2020). Undergraduate collaborative science: An Assessment of student learning in the Ecological Research as Education Network (EREN). Scholarship and Practice of Undergraduate Research. Vol: 4, Issue: 1, Page: 15-29. Scholarship and Practice of Undergraduate Research .
- Griffith, A.B., Rodgers, V.L., Dukes, J.S. (2020). Demographic analysis of invasible habitat fraction identifies context-dependent roles of resource availability and biotic resistance in determining invasion success. Journal of Ecology. Vol: 109, Issue: 2, Page: 714-726. Journal of Ecology. link
- Deets, S.G., Rodgers, V.L., Erzurumlu, S.S., Nersessian, D. (2020). Systems Thinking as a Tool for Teaching Undergraduate Business Students Humanistic Management. Humanistic Management Journal. link
- Wynstra, C.B., Cummings, K.H., Rodgers, V.L., Stillwagon, J.R., Tosti-Kharas, J. (2020). "Teaching 'Beyond the Horizon': Transdisciplinary Approaches". Eugene O'Neill Review, The. Vol: 41, Issue: 1, Page: 69-91. Penn State University Press.
- Beitelspacher, L.S., Rodgers, V.L. (2018). Integrating Corporate Social Responsibility Awareness into a Retail Management Course. Journal of Marketing Education. Vol: 40, Issue: 1, Page: 66-76.
- Rodgers, V.L., Smith, N.G., Hoeppner, S.S., Dukes, J.S. (2018). Warming increases the sensitivity of seedling growth capacity to rainfall in six temperate deciduous tree species. AoB PLANTS. Annals of Botany.
- Rodgers, V.L., Krcmar, D.M. (2018). Bridging the boundaries of science and art for business students: Integrating botany and artistic perspectives to teach environmental literacy. Journal of Sustainability Education.
- Deets, S.G., Greenberg, D., Erzurumlu, S.S., Hunt, J.M., Manwaring, M.M., Rodgers, V.L., Swanson, E. (2017). Signing to Living PRME: Learning from a Journey Towards Responsible Management Education. The International Journal of Management Education. Vol: 15, Issue: 2, Page: 205-218.
- Smith, N.G., Rodgers, V.L., Brzostek, E., Kulmatiski, A., Avolio, M.L., Koerner, S.E., Hoover, D., Grant, K., Jentshe, A., Fatichi, S., Niyogi, D. (2014). Toward a better integration of biological data from precipitation manipulation experiments into Earth system models. Reviews of Geophysics. Vol: 52, Issue: 3, Page: 412–434. John Wiley & Sons, Inc.. link
- Rodgers, V.L. (2014). Pitching environmental science to business majors: Engaging students in renewable energy choices. Journal of College Science Teaching. Vol: 43, Issue: 5, Page: 28-32. link
- Rodgers, V.L., Hoeppner, S.S., Daley, M.J., Dukes, J.S. (2012). Leaf Level Gas Exchange and Foliar Chemistry of Common Old Field Species. International Journal of Plant Sciences. Vol: 173, Issue: 9, Page: 957-970. University of Chicago Press. link
- Laprise, S., Pilips, J., Rodgers, V.L., Winrich, C. (2011). Practice-oriented science education for business students. International Journal of Science in Society, The. Vol: 2, Issue: 3, Page: 235-242.
- Rodgers, V.L., Dukes, J., Pontius, J., Orwig, D., Warren, G., Cooke, B., Brazee, N., Ayers, M., Hrrington, R., Theoharides, K., Lerdau, M., Wick, R., Ehrenfeld, J., Gurevitch, J., Stange, E., Stinson, K. (2009). The responses of pests, pathogens and invasive species to climate change in the forests of Northeastern North America: What can we predict?. Canadian Journal of Forest Research. Issue: 29, Page: 231-248.
- Rodgers, V.L., Finzi, A. (2009). Bottom-up rather than top-down processes regulate the abundance and activity of nitrogen fixing plants. Biogeochemistry. Vol: 95, Issue: 2-3, Page: 309-321.
- Rodgers, V.L., Gallet-Budynek, A., Brzostek, E., Talbot, J., Hyzy, S., Finzi, A. (2009). Contribution of organic and inorganic N sources to root uptake in two intact temperate forest soils. Oecologia. Vol: 160, Issue: 1, Page: 129-138.
- Wolfe, B.E., Rodgers, V.L., Stinson, K.A., Pringle, A. (2008). The invasive plant Alliaria petiolata (garlic mustard) inhibits ectomycorrhizal fungi in its introduced range. Journal of Ecology. Vol: 96, Page: 777-783.
- Rodgers, V.L., Wolfe, B.E., Werden, L.K., Finzi, A.C. (2008). The invasive species Alliaria petiolata (garlic mustard) increases soil nutrient availability in northern hardwood-conifer forests. Oecologia. Vol: 157, Page: 455-471.
- Rodgers, V.L., Stinson, K.A., Finzi, A.C. (2008). Ready or not, garlic mustard is moving in: Alliaria petiolata as a member of eastern deciduous forests. BioScience. Vol: 58, Issue: 5, Page: 426-436.
- Rodgers, V.L. (2015). A SEERS approach to analyzing impact: Using a science research project to evaluate product life cycle sustainability: Evolving Entrepreneurial Education: Innovation in the Babson Classroom. Emerald.
- Winrich, C.D., Rodgers, V.L., Maclean, M.G., Blodgett, D.M., Schaefer, J. (2015). Science education as entrepreneurial thought and action methodology: Evolving Entrepreneurial Education: Innovation in the Babson Classroom. Emerald.
- Rodgers, V.L. (2021). Supply Chain Innovation to Reduce Ecological Impact: Teaching Entrepreneurship: A Practice-Based Approach. Edward Elgar Publication.
- Greenberg, D., Beitelspacher, L.S., Rodgers, V.L. (2020). A Systems Approach to Transformational Responsible Management Learning & Education: The SAGE Handbook of Responsible Management Learning and Education. Page: 363-377. Sage Publications.
- Member ESA's 4DEE Subcommittee on Diversity and Education (2019 - Present)
- Chairperson ESA's Odum Ecology Education Award Committee (2018 - 2021)
- Board Member Ecological Research as Education Network (EREN) (2017 - 2020)
- Research Site Coordinator Boston Area Climate Experiment (2017 - 2020)
- Botanical Society of America (2012 - Present)
- Ecological Research as Education Network (2012 - Present)
- Ecological Society of America (2002 - Present)
Department & College Wide Services
- Posse Faculty Mentor (Summer 2017 - Summer 2021)