Family Entrepreneurship Stories at Babson
Strengthening family business was the core of Babson’s founding mission in 1919. The College has a long history of educating family entrepreneurs. About 50 percent of Babson’s undergraduate students come from a family business. Below are just some examples of the amazing stories from the Babson community.
- To Fill a Drastic Need | Babson Thought & Action (Apr 2020)
- How Will I Create the Future? | Babson Thought & Action (Nov 2019)
- Supporting Past, Current, and Future Generations of Entrepreneurial Families | Babson Thought & Action (Oct 2019)
- Millennial CEOs Ready to Lead Family Businesses | Babson Thought & Action (Oct 2019)
- The Next Generation | Babson Thought & Action (Oct 2019)
- Family Business Means Balancing Innovation and History | Boston Business Journal (Oct 2019) (subscription required)
- How 25-year-old Somia Farid is Making Her Mark in Edible Arrangements | Family Business Magazine (Aug 2019)
- A Family Affair | Babson Thought & Action (Aug 2019)
- Thinking Outside the Box: One Family's Non-linear Family Entrepreneurship Journey | Family Business Magazine (Jun 2019)
- Family Business, Amplified | Babson Magazine (Spring 2019)
- Behind the Curtain of a Family Business | Babson Thought & Action (Apr 2019)
- The Power of the Entrepreneurial Family | Babson Thought & Action (Apr 2019)
- For the UAE, a New Approach to Sustaining Family Business | Babson Thought & Action (Jan 2019)
- To Follow A Dream | Babson Magazine (Winter 2018)
- Ties That Bind | Babson Magazine (Spring 2016)
- Working with Mom |Babson Magazine (Spring 2013)
Babson Alumni's Family Entrepreneurship Stories
A Conversation on Family Entrepreneurship
William Gartner, Bertarelli Foundation Distinguished Professor of Family Entrepreneurship talks to Francisco J. Riberas P’13 ’15, Executive Chairman, Gestamp and Susana Gallardo P’13, Gallardo Family Group about their success story.
The Zamora Family
The family that works together, changes the world together. Meet the Zamoras, bankers who feel equally at home analyzing the currency market in Miami as they do handing out free laptops to children in Central America.