SPEAR Investment Banking Program
About SPEAR Investment Banking
The Students Prepared Educated and Ready (SPEAR) Investment Banking program was designed by Tyson Corner '22 in conjunction with the Undergraduate Center for Career Development and leveraging the resources of the Stephen D. Cutler Center for Investments and Finance. The program consists of thirteen sessions, each specifically designed to improve your chances of receiving an internship offer in investment banking for sophomore students.
- Multiple interview preparation sessions
- Technical interview questions practice/feedback
- Financial modeling experience
- Equity research experience
- Access to a group of peers to support your journey
- Learn from program facilitator familiar with the investment banking internship process
The research report and modeling experiences are designed to provide as close to a real-world experience as you can get before working in the field. This final project provides a great experience that you can discuss with employers regarding the work you created.
Submitting this Application and the following information will need to be provided:
- Contact information
- Paragraph stating how SPEAR IB aligns with your career plans (1500 characters max)
- Current resume
- Unofficial transcripts from Babson
- Activities List
Application Timeline - New for Fall 2021
- Friday, August 13, 2021: initial applications are due by midnight EST
- Friday, August 18, 2021: candidates notified if selected for an interview
- August 19 – 23, 2021: interviews held for selected applicants. The interview will consist of basic accounting technical questions and one or two behavioral questions
- Wednesday, August 25, 2021: final decisions will be communicated to applicants
SPEAR IB Dates
In-person sessions will be conducted from 3-5 pm on Friday afternoons from September 3 – December 3, 2021, in the Cutler Center finance lab. There will be no session on November 26, 2021, due to the Thanksgiving break.