The Cutler Center promotes thought leadership by hosting or sponsoring a wide variety of conferences and events throughout the year. These events allow Babson faculty, students, and alumni to learn, network and innovate in a collaborative setting.
Cutler Center Events
The Cutler Center hosts various events on the Wellesley and Boston campuses that bring together leading figures in finance to share their experiences, provide perspective, and identify the areas of greatest opportunity and risk. These speakers, who present cutting-edge research, market outlooks, and insights from their real-world experience, have included:
- Tim Chae, General Partner, 500 Startups
- Jay Clayton, Chairman, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Peter Lynch, Investor, Mutual Fund Manager & Philanthropist
- Joel Tillinghast, Portfolio Manager, Fidelity Investments
The Cutler Center supports Babson faculty who pursue research and thought leadership activities that:
- Sustain, enhance, and renew the intellectual vitality of faculty by supporting the building of intellectual capital through meritorious research.
- Increase the public visibility and academic reputation of the College and its faculty, regionally, nationally, and internationally.
The Cutler Center provides stipends, research assistants, and access to data needed to support research activities.
Seminar Speaker Series
The Cutler Center sponsors the Seminar Speaker Series, which allows Babson’s finance faculty to build relationships in the academic community, to exchange research ideas with other top researchers from other institutions, to share academic research with the local practitioner community and to enhance Babson’s reputation as a research institution.