Academic Division: Entrepreneurship
- Ph D, New York University
- MBA, Saint Louis University
- BA, Saint Louis University
Academic InterestsBreakthrough Innovation, Corporate Entrepreneurship, Organizational Design for Innovation, New Market Creation.
Awards & Honors
Degree Courses 2019
- EPS 9508 CORP INNOV AS A PROF:DESIGN INNOV ROLES
- Perri, S.T., Farrington, T., Johnson, S., O'Connor, G.C. (2019). Today's Innovation Leaders. Research Technology Management. Page: 21-29.
- Choi, B., Ravichandran, T.R., OConnor, G. (2018). Organizational Conservatism, Strategic Human Resource Management and Breakthrough Innovation. IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management. Vol: 99, Page: 1-28.
- Markovitch, D.G., , .C., Harper, P.J. (2017). Beyond invention: the additive impact of incubation capabilities to firm value. R & D Management. Vol: 47, Issue: 3, Page: 352--367.
- O'Connor, G.C., Euchner, J. (2017). The People Side of Breakthrough Innovation: an Interview with Gina O’Connor. Research Technology Management. Vol: 60, Issue: 4, Page: 12-18.
- Markovitch, D.G., Harper, P., O'Connor, G.C. (2017). Beyond Invention: The Additive Impact of Incubation Capabilities to Firm Value. IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management. Vol: 47, Issue: 3, Page: 352-367.
- Badir, Y., O'Connor, G.C. (2015). The Formation of Tie-strength in a Strategic Alliance’s First New Product Development Project: The Influence of Project and Partners’ Characteristics. Journal of Product Innovation Management. Vol: 32, Issue: 1, Page: 154-169.
- O'Connor, G.C., Corbett, A.C., Peters, L.S. (2018). Beyond the Champion: Institutionalizing Innovation through People. Page: 344 pages. Stanford University Press.
- Narayanan, V., O'Connor, G. (2014). Encyclopedia of Technology and Innovation Management. Issue: 2. Blackwell-Wiley.
- Peters, L.S., O'Connor, G.C., Shaikh, I.A. (2018). An Examination Of Organizational Systems Used to Sustain Breakthrough Innovation: Aspects of Entrepreneurship: Practice and Passion. Page: 89-129. Cambridge Scholars Publishing .
- O'Connor, G.C. (2018). Institutionalizing an Innovation Function: Moving beyond the Champion: Handbook of New Product Development Research. Edward Elgar .
- , .C. (2016). Institutionalizing corporate entrepreneurship as the firm’s innovation function: reflections from a longitudinal research program: Handbook of Research on Corporate Entrepreneurship . Page: 145-174. Edward Elgar Publishing.
- O'Connor, G.C., Narayanan, V. (2015). Knowledge Management as Intelligence Amplification for Breakthrough Innovations: Design Thinking: New Product Development Essentials from the PDMA . Page: 187-203. John Wiley and Sons.
- Narayanan, V., , .C. (2015). What are Emerging Technologies?: Encyclopedia of Technology and Innovation Management. Page: 1--4. John Wiley \& Sons, Ltd Chichester, UK.
- O'Connor, G., Ravichandran, T., Choi, B., Ma, J. (2017). Organizing for breakthrough innovation: leadership, structures, and processes: Academy of Management Proceedings. Vol: 2014, Issue: 1, Page: 12870. link
- Shaikh, I., Peters, L.S., O'Connor, G.C. (2017). The Governance of Radical Technological Innovation: Proceedings of the Strategic Management Society.
- , .C., Shaikh, I.A. (2017). Motivating Radical Innovation: An Agency Theory Exploration: Academy of Management Proceedings. Vol: 1, Page: 1. Academy of Management. link
- Ma, J., Choi, B., O'Connor, G. (2016). Marketing's role in capturing value from innovation: Knowledge resources, strategic emphasis, and firm value: Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), 2016 Portland International Conference on. Page: 1271--1277.
Articles - Circular or newsletter (e.g., Babson Insight)
- O'Connor, G.C. (2018). Beyond the Champion: Building Strategic Innovation Capability: Center for Innovation Management Studies Innovation Management Report. Page: 7-9. Center for Innovation Management Studies, North Carolina State University.
- OConnor, G.C. (2015). It’s Time to Professionalize Innovation: Center for Innovation Management Studies Innovation Management Report. Page: 1-2. Center for Innovation Management Studies, North Carolina State University.