Federal Vs. Non-Federal

Government-sponsored research is normally carried out under contracts, cooperative agreements, or grants, depending on which agency is sponsoring the work.

Although government grants and contracts are subject to differing statutory requirements and regulations, there is no significant difference between them in terms of Babson research policy and administrative procedure. The administration of contracts from private organizations and grants from foundations does not differ markedly from that of government grants, cooperative agreements, and contracts and for the sake of uniformity, will be administered by the same Babson research and administrative policies and procedures. In general, all Babson policies and procedures will be followed for grants from foundations, except in the area of faculty compensation.