The Technology, Entrepreneurship, and Design (TED) concentration offers students a cross-disciplinary, experiential opportunity to explore innovation in products and organizations from a number of different vantage points. The concentration also offers the opportunity to work closely with students from engineering and design schools.
To fulfill the requirements of the concentration, students take 16 credits in the following pattern: First, students must take one core course in technological entrepreneurship (either EPS 3503 New Technology Ventures or EPS 3501 Entrepreneurship and Opportunity, but not both). Second, students must take one core course that introduces them to customer-focused design thinking (either User-oriented Collaborative Design at Olin College or EPS 4527 Social Entrepreneurship by Design). Finally, students select 8 credits from a list of courses that comprise various aspects of innovation, technology, and design. The list encompasses courses from Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Operations, Law, Economics, and Engineering.
Sponsored by: Entrepreneurship Division and Operations and Information Management Division
Faculty Contacts: Donna Kelley and Jay Rao.
- EPS 3501 Entrepreneurship and Opportunity
Choose one (1) course form the following list:
- EPS 3536 The Entrepreneurial Innovator
- EPS 4515 Affordable Design and Entrepreneurship
- ENGR 2250 (Olin College) User-oriented Collaborative Design**
Choose eight (8) credits from the following list:
(Note: Not all courses below are 4 credits nor are they offered in every semester; please check course listings for details)
- DES 3600 Design and Systems Thinking (2 credits)
- ECN 3675 Environmental Economic Policy
- ENGR 1200 (Olin College) Design Nature**
- ENGR 2141/AHSE 2141 (Olin College) Engineering for Humanity** (both 2 credit courses must be taken concurrently)
- ENGR 3210 (Olin College) Sustainable Design**
- ENGR 3220 (Olin College) Human Factors and Interface Design**
- EPS 3504 Future Trends and Entrepreneurial Ventures
- EPS 3509 Entrepreneurship New Ventures in Global Fashion
- EPS 3513 Entrepreneurship in Fashion
- EPS 3531 Failure is Good: Act, Learn, Build Repeat
- EPS 3537 Summer Catalyst
- LAW 3675 Innovation and Law: A critical examination
- LVA 2075 Design for Living
- OIM 3522 Leading and Managing Sustainability
- OIM 3578 Integrated Product Design
- OIM 3635 User Interface Design (2 credits)
- SCN 3655 Biomimicry: Design Innovation from Nature (2 credits)
**Please visit the Registrar's Cross-Registration page to review the cross-registration process and Babson course pre-approval list.