Transfer Applicants

Babson College welcomes transfer applications for the fall and spring semesters. We generally enroll 50 students for the fall and 15​​ students for the spring.

Transfer applicants are high school graduates who have completed at least one semester at a regionally accredited community college or university, prior to the application deadline. You must be able to submit an official college or university transcript showing grades for a full course load at the time of application. New! This year you are eligible to apply as a transfer student if you are in the process of completing your first semester of college at the time of application. 

Students who have graduated from high school and already have enrolled in a regionally accredited community college or university may not apply as a first-year student.

Students who applied to Babson as first-year students and were not offered admission may reapply as transfer students after completing at least one semester at the time of application.  

College Transfer Application Deadlines and Dates

Transfer Application Deadlines

September enrollment – March 15 
January enrollment – October 15 


September enrollment – early May 
January enrollment – end of November

Financial Aid Deadlines

September enrollment – April 10
January enrollment – November 15

More information on financial aid »


Interested in Learning More About Babson and the Transfer Process?

Sign up for our mailing list to receive updates about Babson and the transfer application process.

Transfer Student Application Requirements

Transfer students should apply to Babson College online via the Common Application website. 

Official Test Scores

Applicants who graduated from high school less than five years ago are required to submit official scores from either the SAT I or ACT. Students are not required to submit the writing portion of the SAT I, the writing portion of the ACT, or SAT II test results.

A TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo score report is required of all applicants for whom English is not their native language. In some cases we offer waivers for students who have demonstrated high proficiency in reading, writing, and English. 

If you have questions about your situation, please contact us.

Mid-Term Report Form

The Mid-Term Report Form (PDF) is required for all students currently enrolled in college-level classes. Every class you are currently taking must be listed on this form—even if your class has not yet had a midterm exam. Please ask each professor to comment on your academic progress to date. Also, please make sure that the course number, course title, and credit hours are clearly listed. This form must be submitted with your completed application by the application deadline. It is your responsibility to inform us if your course schedule changes after you submit the form.

College Report

The College Report is required for all transfer applicants. Please have your Academic Dean or Student Affairs Dean fill out the form from EACH college or university that you have attended as a full-time student. The College Report form(s) must be submitted along with your other application credentials by the application deadline.

Professor Evaluation

Transfer applicants are required to submit at least one letter of recommendation from a college professor. It is your responsibility to ensure that your recommendations are received by the admission office by the stated deadlines.

High School Transcripts

We require an official transcript for all secondary schools you have attended. It is your responsibility to ensure that your transcripts are received by the stated deadlines.

College Transcripts

Official college transcripts must be sent from every institution of higher education you have attended. It is your responsibility to ensure that your transcripts are received seven business days before classes begin in your first semester.

Course Materials

Applicants are required to submit syllabi for all college-level courses for which they would like to receive transfer credit. Please visit the Transfer Credit Application section of our website for more information.


While not required, interviews are strongly recommended for prospective transfer students.

International Applicants

International students need to submit a certified English translation of high school transcripts, college transcripts, and course materials. The official certification should be attached to your original documents. It also is helpful if your college transcript indicates the credit for the courses you are taking as equivalent to semester hours. For additional requirements, such as visa information, please visit the international student section of our website.​​​

You May Also Be Interested In:

Get in Touch

Fill out the Request Information form below to connect with us. This will ensure that you learn about the academic experience, hear stories from our current students, and receive important announcements during the admission process...just to name a few.



Contact Us

Domestic 781-239-5522

International 800-488-3696