The Blank School engages Babson community members and leads research to create entrepreneurial leaders.
Family Entrepreneurship Stories at Babson
Strengthening family business was the core of Babson’s founding mission in 1919. The College has a long history of educating family entrepreneurs. About 50 percent of Babson’s undergraduate students come from a family business. Below are just some examples of the amazing stories from the Babson community.
- Entrepreneurial Families: The greatest force for growth and positive change in the world (August 2020)
- Family Entrepreneurship is about the FAMILY, not just their business (August 2020)
- How Entrepreneurial Families Can Lead – Now and in the Post Crisis World (Spring 2020)
- Eduardo's Family Business Journey (Winter 2020)
- What is Family Entrepreneurship? (Fall 2019)
- Babson Bestows New Award Honoring Family Entrepreneurs to Ernesto Bertarelli ’89 (April 2021)
- 5 Things the Next Gen Should Do When Joining a Family Business (November 2020)
- Why Family Entrepreneurship is the New Family Business (November 2020)
- Entrepreneurship Finds Roots in Families, Reveals GEM Report (October 2020)
- The Power of the Entrepreneurial Family (September 2020)
- To Fill a Drastic Need (Apr 2020)
- How Will I Create the Future? (Nov 2019)
- Supporting Past, Current, and Future Generations of Entrepreneurial Families (Oct 2019)
- Millennial CEOs Ready to Lead Family Businesses (Oct 2019)
- The Next Generation (Oct 2019)
- A Family Affair (Aug 2019)
- Behind the Curtain of a Family Business (Apr 2019)
- For the UAE, a New Approach to Sustaining Family Business (Jan 2019)
- Family Business, Amplified (Spring 2019)
- To Follow A Dream (Winter 2018)
- Ties That Bind (Spring 2016)
- Working with Mom (Spring 2013)
- Families Own And Manage Majority Of Businesses Worldwide, According To New Family Entrepreneurship Data | AIthority.com (Oct 2020)
- Families Own and Manage Majority of Businesses Worldwide, According to New Family Entrepreneurship Data | KTVN.com (October 2020)
- Family Business Means Balancing Innovation and History | Boston Business Journal (Oct 2019) (subscription required)
- How 25-year-old Somia Farid is Making Her Mark in Edible Arrangements | Family Business Magazine (Aug 2019)
- Family fighting sends U-Haul on a detour | Spectacular Failures Podcast (July 2019)
- Thinking Outside the Box: One Family's Non-linear Family Entrepreneurship Journey | Family Business Magazine (Jun 2019)
A Family Entrepreneurship Conversation with the Cisneros Family
Lauri Union, Nulsen Family Executive Director at the Bertarelli Institute for Family Entrepreneurship, talks to Gustavo Cisneros ’68, H’19 (ADE 1981), Chairman, and Adriana Cisneros, CEO of Grupo Cisneros, a privately owned media, entertainment, digital media, real estate, tourism resorts and consumer products company, on how the next generation can propel family businesses to the next level.
The Zamora Family: A True Babson Story
The family that works together, changes the world together. Meet the Zamoras, bankers who feel equally at home analyzing the currency market in Miami as they do handing out free laptops to children in Central America.
A Conversation on Family Entrepreneurship and Business: Babson Connect: Worldwide 2018
A conversation on Family Entrepreneurship and Business with Francisco J. Riberas P’13 ’15, Executive Chairman, Gestamp and Susana Gallardo P’13, Gallardo Family Group, moderated by William Gartner, Bertarelli Foundation Distinguished Professor of Family Entrepreneurship.
Critical to the development and launch of Babson’s Institute for Family Entrepreneurship has been the support and enthusiasm of dedicated alumni, parents, and members of Babson’s College Advisory Board: Stephen Martiros ’83, MBA’85, P’21 ’21, Linda Bourn MBA’11, and Sylvia Shepard MBA’09.