The Babson Women’s Leadership Academy
Babson College’s Center for Women’s Entrepreneurial Leadership is pleased to offer the Babson Women’s Leadership Academy (BWLA), giving high school sophomores and juniors the opportunity to develop their personal leadership strengths and build a plan to reach their goals, while learning foundational leadership and communication skills.
Whether they’re interested in running for student council, preparing to get into college, looking for an internship, or want to start a business, the BWLA will give them a framework to map out what they want to achieve and how they can use the skills and network they already have in order to get there.
The Babson Women’s Leadership Academy runs two days each week (Mondays and Tuesdays) over the course of four weeks, offering eight total days of programming. Each day begins at 10 a.m. and ends at 1 p.m., providing two short breaks throughout.
Program Cost: $500
Babson, Olin, and Wellesley College Alumni receive 10% off
Babson, Olin, and Wellesley College Staff receive 20% off
We are sold out for our summer 2020 program! If you're interested in learning about future programs, please fill out this form.
What You’ll Walk Away With
At the completion of this program, you will walk away with a plan and new set of tools and knowledge that will move you towards accomplishing the goals you have right now. Those include:
- A plan to reach your own personal goals. That plan will be built on a repeatable process to overcome challenges and take small steps forward, which can be used no matter what you try and achieve next!
- A new understanding of the unique strengths that YOU bring to the table and how to develop them to become a more impactful and authentic leader at your school, on your team, or in your community.
- A self-reflection statement communicating your strengths and interests, which can be developed and adapted for the common college application
- A map of your network and plan on how you can leverage it to reach your next goal!
- A greater understanding of how gender can impact team dynamics and leadership opportunities.
- New communication tools to increase your influence and self-advocacy, while making you more comfortable presenting to groups.
- Learning from near-peer and experienced role models who have been there done that.
- Understanding how to lead and collaborate with peers while managing conflict in teams.
- An expanded network of peers, experts, friends, and role models.
Interested in Learning More?
Have additional questions about the Babson Women’s Leadership Academy? Reach out to Program Director Ashley Lucas.
Built by Babson’s Center for Women’s Entrepreneurial Leadership
At Babson’s Center for Women’s Entrepreneurial Leadership (CWEL) we are closing the gender gap in business, one female leader at a time. We educate and empower women to create impact while enlightening the global community about the importance of female leadership.
As the first center ever focused on women entrepreneurial leaders at a business school, CWEL is one of the most visible and important ways Babson supports women. We work diligently to create opportunities for our students and stakeholders, while creating award-winning programs for the larger business ecosystem.
In 2017, the college was named the number 1 school for women entrepreneurs who want to change the world thanks to CWEL’s diverse programming, exclusive events, access to cutting-edge experts, and hands-on coaching that impacts a diverse set of stakeholders from around the world.
Get in Touch
Want to know more about Babson Women’s Leadership Academy? Let’s talk.
READY TO TALK NOW?
Reach out to Program Director Ashley Lucas.