The Quantitative Finance concentration is a STEM finance program within the Babson MBA. With a heavy focus on programming and financial modeling, you will develop the skills needed to analyze financial markets.
Quantitative Finance concentrators typically go into careers in the financial services industry. It is a STEM finance program, meaning students graduating with a Quantitative Finance concentration may be eligible for 36 months of OPT vs. 12 months for students in non-STEM degree programs.
Credit Requirements for Quantitative Finance Concentration (12 credits)
- FIN7550 Derivatives: Theory and Practice, 3 credits
At least two electives from the following list:
- FIN7513 Fixed Income, 3 credits
- FIN7518 Managing Portfolios, 3 credits
- FIN7545 Financial Trading Strategies, 3 credits
- FIN6200 Financial Data Analysis and Practice, 3 credits
Choose one elective from the following list, or a third elective from the list above.
- FIN7504 Risk Management, 3 credits
- FIN7573 Investment Banking and Financial Modeling, 3 credits
- ECN7520 Economic and Financial Forecasting, 3 credits
- ECN7510 Financial Macroeconomic Data Analysis, 3 credits
- QTM7571 Business Intelligence, Analytics, & Visualization, 3 credits
Class offerings change and new classes are added; all courses may not be listed here.
Rigorous, quantitative STEM training and Babson’s unique entrepreneurial mindset are a powerful combination. Still deciding which speciality is right for you? Babson College offers four STEM masters programs.