Babson offers an 8-week summer session that begins the week of May 19, 2020.
Taking summer courses allows for scheduling flexibility and the opportunity to work with Babson faculty and staff in an even more personal and accessible environment. Summer courses are perfect for students who plan to graduate early, would like to accelerate their completion of required courses, or need to make up a course.
Babson Summer Highlights
- Catch up or get ahead. Electives and required courses are available for any level of Babson student, with offerings in both the day and evening.
- Choose from a variety of core requirements and electives. Course options include foundation and intermediate requirements including Financial Accounting, Business Law, Macroeconomics, Quantitative Methods for Business Analytics I and II, and all Sophomore Management Experience courses. In addition, students can select courses in the intermediate and advanced liberal arts and sciences, some of which are 100% online.
- Earn elective credit internationally through a Summer Elective Abroad. You can choose from a range of electives on many continents, such as Start-up Strategy in Israel, the business behind Fashion in London, or the cultural and political forces that shaped the native and immigrant people in New York City.
You can view the summer session course offerings in the Course Listing. Click the course title to access the course description and additional course details.
Registration opens for all students on Wednesday March 4.
Undergraduate summer session courses are open to current Babson undergraduate students and to non-degree (visiting) students with the academic experience required to meet any course prerequisites.
Processes and Policies
Babson students can register through online registration.
Non-degree (visiting) students can register in-person at the Registrar’s Office or by sending a completed Summer 2020 Undergraduate Registration Form (pdf).
Full payment must be made to Student Financial Services by May 1, 2020. Non-degree (visiting) students are required to pay prior to registration.
- Completing a registration form does not necessarily confirm registration.
- Students who have a hold on their account will not be able to register. Please download the Registration Hold Information (pdf) and contact the appropriate office.
- Students must satisfy all prerequisites to register for a course.
- No registrations or changes will be accepted after the add/drop deadline.
- Non-degree (visiting) students may be asked to provide documentation, such as transcripts, to demonstrate that they have the academic experience required to meet the course prerequisites.
- The Registrar’s Office will manually register students into courses that require special permission.
- Students who receive a prerequisite waiver for a course need to have the professor of the course email the Registrar’s Office to confirm.
- Please consult the 2019-2020 Undergraduate Student Handbook (pdf) for additional policies.
A typical course load in the summer session is two courses, or up to 10 credits if you take a 6-credit SME pair plus one additional 4-credit course. Students can consult with their class dean regarding any unique issues regarding individual course load.
Add/Drop & Withdrawal
Babson students can make add/drop changes through online registration, in accordance with registration and add/drop dates. After online add/drop closes, add/drop changes can be made by emailing the Registrar’s Office.
Requests for add/drop changes must be received by the Registrar’s Office prior to the start of the second class meeting. Additional payment, if applicable, must be made and received prior to registration. All registration and add/drop requests are processed on a first-come-first-served basis.
Students may withdraw from a summer session course after the drop deadline but before the withdrawal deadline. Students will receive a final grade of "W" for withdrawing from a course. Students should meet with their class dean in Academic Services to withdraw from a course. Students who do not officially withdraw will receive a final grade for each applicable course and will be responsible for all applicable tuition and fee charges.
Tuition and Financial Aid
Summer session tuition is based on the number of credits of each course. For non-degree (visiting) students, payment is due to Student Financial Services upon registration. For current students, payment is due May 1, 2020.
|2020 Tuition Rate||$1644 per credit|
|Payment Deadline||Babson students: Friday, May 1, 2020
Non-degree (visiting) students: Prior to registration
|Financial Aid||2020 Summer Session Financial Aid Application available mid-February.|
||Due Wednesday, April 1, 2020|
For more information about tuition, financial aid, payment, and payment options, please contact Student Financial Services. Students receive billing notification to their Babson email address. Students may view their Account Online or through the Babson Hub (Student Financial Services > View Bill).
Current undergraduate students registered for classes, working for Babson College, or participating in an approved internship are eligible for summer housing. Application instructions, eligibility requirements, and dates and rate information are available on the Hub.