Recent Graduates Forwarding Policy
Packages: (USPS, UPS, FedEx, Amazon, etc.)
Packages can not be forwarded or forwarded for a fee. Please update your shipping address with your online retailers. All packages will be either refused or returned to the sender.
Letter Mail – United States Post Office
Graduating students will have their “forwardable USPS mail” forwarded to a domestic address for three months (until August 15) following their departure from Babson College. Students are responsible to update their forwarding address online by entering their new address on the Babson Hub. Note: Mail will not be forwarded to international addresses. Students who do not provide a forwarding address will have their mail forwarded to their home address. (See below what mail is and is not forwardable.)
First Class Mail
- Domestic addresses: Mail will be forwarded to the address on record.
- International addresses: Mail is NOT forwarded to international addresses. Establishing paperless accounts and correspondence resolves most of this issue (We recommend identifying a friend’s U.S. domestic address as a possible alternative.)
- Mail is not forwarded and returned to the sender stating that you are no longer enrolled.
Standard Mail – Magazines, Newspapers, Catalogs, flyers, etc.
- Standard Mail can not be forwarded or returned to the sender. Standard mail will be recycled.
Student Studying Abroad/Away Policy
- Mail will be forwarded to the domestic forwarding/home addresses on record.
- Packages will be returned to the sender.
- Mail and packages will not be forwarded to international addresses.
International students may consider having their mail sent to a friend or a family member's domestic forwarding address. If no domestic forwarding address is available, first class and nonprofit mail will be held in mail services until the student’s return to Babson.
Students are reminded that “going paperless” with your business partners such as banks resolves much of this issue.
Students on Leave of Absence or Withdrawn Policy
Students are requested to pickup their mail before they leave, and to update their forwarding address. Any packages still on hand or received will be either refused or returned to the sender. Students “forwardable USPS mail” will be forwarded to their home address for three months following their departure from Babson.