The Blank School engages Babson community members and leads research to create entrepreneurial leaders.
Coming Soon: Babson Commons at Horn Library
Babson Commons at Horn Library
The Horn Library project consists of three distinct, but integrated pillars for study, academic support and social interaction and collaboration. The project is envisioned to provide, an improved and expanded state-of-the-art study space for students, centralized academic support center designed around student needs, additional classroom and faculty office space, new and expanded Cutler Center in a prominent location that highlights the study of finance and investment for current and prospective students, update of the building systems including mechanical systems to improve energy efficiency and occupant comfort.
The full project includes both the new Babson Commons addition and significant renovations to Horn Library that will create a central location for academic and student resource centers and feature state-of-the-art study space, collaborative work areas, faculty office and classroom space, informal gathering areas, a café, and a new home for the Stephen D. Cutler Center for Investments and Finance.
The Babson Commons addition will open in early June 2019
The Horn Library renovations started on Monday, May 20, 2019 and will be complete by September 2019. The Horn Library building will be closed for the summer.
Access through the Horn Library Building between Gerber and Babson Halls will be closed starting Monday, May 20th and is scheduled to reopen Monday, June 3rd.
Please note the following additional information related to the renovations to Horn Library:
- Horn Library, some ITSD offices and other administrative offices located in the Horn Library have been relocated to temporary locations as described below
- The Horn Library is currently closed and is open in temporary space on the first floor of Park Manor West
- Study space will be available in the FME Workshop
- Electronic resources will be available on the library website
- Research consultations will still available by appointment, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling x4596
- Course reserves and Interlibrary loan will be available on the mezzanine of the FME Workshop from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday – Thursday and 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM Friday.
- Media Services, Academic Technology and Media and Production Services have been moved to Park Manor West ground floor
- The IT Service Center is in temporary space in Park Manor North – Foc’sle Classroom
- Walk-in service in Park Manor North will be available for laptops, mobile devices, software and any technical issues – 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. starting on Tuesday, May 21nd
- Service Desk support provided 24x7 (call x4357 or email email@example.com)
- Moves, adds, changes for desktop computer and phone (call x4357 or email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Order new computer equipment, accessories, or mobile device (call x4357 or email email@example.com)
- Call x4357 with any other questions
- Other ITSD offices on the second floor of the Horn Computer Center will remain in current locations during construction
- Administrative offices on the second and third floors of Horn Library have been relocated to several buildings on campus. Please reach out to individual offices or check the portal for temporary office locations (phone extensions will remain the same)