Babson College offers students, faculty and staff the opportunity to request space on campus to host events and activities related to the mission of the college. Any student, faculty or staff member can request space on campus through Babson's Virtual EMS System. Requests are automatically sent to the owner of the requested space, and these "space owners" approve or deny all requests.
Facilities Setup Notes or Attachments are required for room setup.
In order for facilities to create a specific setup for your booking, you are required to enter specific setup instructions in the Facilities Setup Notes or attach a logistics document/floorplan to your reservation. If you do not, your reservation will not receive any set up.
Process for Requesting Space:
- To log in, visit ems.babson.edu
- In order to access Virtual EMS, you will need a Babson ID and Password. If you are a current student, faculty, or staff member you should already have this information. If not, please contact ITSD at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 781-239-4357.
- Download the Virtual EMS Reference Guide. Please select the guide applicable to you: student guide or faculty and staff guide.
- Faculty and staff with Outlook, there is also an EMS plug-in (not Mac compatible) which will allow you to request rooms through Outlook. You'll find tips on using this plug in located in the EMS and Outlook Best Practices guide.
- From Virtual EMS you will be able to see which rooms are available, request them, choose your room setup, and request services such as facilities setup, catering, media services, and public safety.
- Here is a map of the spaces on campus that can be booked.
- Here is the EMS Room Setup Guide to ensure you choose the best room setup for your event.
- Learn quickly with our Reference Videos
- As part of requesting your space you are also responsible for ordering any necessary services such as setup (through Facilities), Media Services and Catering. You will find deadlines for ordering services below.
Process for Campus Service Providers
Chartwells: All catering requests must be submitted no later than seven business days prior to the date of your room reservation and must be done via Catertrax, Babson online catering system. If you would like to add catering to your event within seven days of the event, please call the catering department directly at 781-239-4403 to discuss your requirements. All final guaranteed food counts are due three business days prior to an event.
Facilities: All event Facilities requests or updates must be submitted through the EMS system more than two business days prior to the event. If updates need to be made to event facilities requests within two business days of your event, you must contact the Events Management Office at email@example.com or 781-239-5265 during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For urgent Facilities requests after 4:30 p.m., please contact public safety at 781-239-5555, and have them page the Facilities Manager. For all non-event facilities requests, please use the Babson's Work Order system or call facilities at 781-239-4444.
Media: All media requests requiring Media Services staffing on-site for the duration of your event should be submitted more than one week prior to your event. This includes all recordings, webinar driving, and live streaming requests. All other requests should be submitted more than two business days prior to your event. Any requests submitted after the recommended deadlines will be reviewed based on available resources and staffing. Requests for Media Services can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 781-239-4357.
Introduction to EMS Client for Space Owners
Space owners are responsible for reviewing and either approving or denying reservation requests in the Event Management Systems (EMS) software. Preliminary steps are outlined below.
- If you do not have the EMS Client installed on your desktop already, contact the Events Management Office so they can create your account and setup access to schedule the specific spaces that you will be scheduling.
- You will then need to contact IT at email@example.com for assistance installing the EMS Client software on your computer. (Note: software works on PC only)
- Familiarize yourself with the basic terminology and functions of EMS using the EMS Overview Guide.
- If you need help or have questions, please refer to the EMS Reference Guide for Space Owners.
- The EMS Client Complete User Manual is also a comprehensive training guide if you have additional questions not covered by the EMS Reference Guide for Space Owners.
- If you would like to learn about the EMS reporting functions, you can visit our EMS Reports Guide.