By creating economic, social, and environmental value simultaneously, Babson’s global network of entrepreneurs and educators will redefine the purpose of business as a change agent to help solve the world’s most complex problems.
- Roger Babson made students pledge to embark on a business career as a means of “rendering service to humanity.”
- Our commitment to a curriculum that reflects Social, Environmental, Economic Responsibility, and Sustainability (SEERS) drives the triple bottom line: people, planet, and profits.
- Students and clients are increasingly multicultural and global.
- The Lewis Institute for Social Innovation activates change-makers and accelerates social innovation solutions.
- Kletjian Foundation gifts position Babson to lead in solving global access to surgery.
Why the World Needs Babson
- Climate change requires entrepreneurial solutions and has created a $1 trillion plus per annum global eco-innovation market.
- Fifty-five percent of consumers globally will pay extra for goods/services from, and 67 percent prefer to work for, companies committed to positive social impact.
- Babson’s Project ROI finds that socially committed organizations can increase revenue by up to 20 percent and reduce employee turnover by up to 50 percent.
- Two billion people worldwide lack access to basic surgical care, creating a significant market for global healthcare entrepreneurs.