The College has continued to assess travel restrictions and guidance from government agencies. Please refer to this document, Babson College Travel Abroad and Return Policy.
Babson College prohibits domestic travel to areas affected by a domestic medical, safety, or security crisis. A committee made up of the department’s President’s Council Member, Risk Management, and Human Resources may consider petitions.
First and foremost, these guidelines will focus on the health and safety of Babson College community members.
The department manager must complete the Petition for Essential Travel form. At minimum, the following information will be included:
- An outline of why the travel is essential to the department and to the College.
- The names of the person or people who will travel.
- A describtion of the mode of travel.
- The dates of travel.
- Contact International SOS (Babson’s travel services vendor for Domestic and International Travel) and request a Medical, Safety and Security assessment for the area(s) of intended travel (including layovers if traveling by train or plane). This assessment will provide jurisdictional and quarantine guidelines. The assessment should be included with the Petition for Essential Travel form.
- Document how the traveler will comply with the medical, safety, and security guidelines described in the International SOS assessment. The Petition for Essential Travel form must be submitted to Risk Management (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Human Resources (email@example.com) and must be filed no less than 2 weeks prior to the intended travel.
Risk Management and Human Resources will review and make a recommendation to the department’s President’s Council Member.
Travelers must comply with Babson College and jurisdictional guidelines related to their travel. This includes, but is not limited to, guidelines established by federal, state, city/town, Homeland Security, CDC, or WHO. These guidelines will be included in the ISOS assessment.
Travelers must book their travel through a Babson College preferred travel vendor.
Travelers should talk to their manager or the director of benefits in Human Resources if they are not comfortable traveling.