1. All persons who may have direct contact with minors in the course of their employment or service activity will be subject to reference and background screenings, including review of criminal and sexual offender records (CORI/SORI checks). The list of employee positions that require background screenings is managed by the Office of Human Resources. Other persons may include:
- students, volunteers, and other members of the Babson community involved in any Program, whether on or off campus, including athletic programs, tutoring and mentoring programs, community service projects, research, overnight programs, etc.
- contractors (e.g., photographers, van drivers, caterers) who provide services to Babson functions or activities where the contractor may have direct contact with Minors or Vulnerable Adults.
2. Background screenings will include a multi-state search, especially of those states where the applicant previously resided and worked. The Office of Summer and Youth Programs will process and manage all CORI/SORI screening for Babson employees, Babson students, non-Babson-affiliated volunteers and contractors relating to participation in any Program.
3. Babson reserves the right to conduct additional background screening any time after employment or volunteer service has begun. All individuals subject to the requirements of this Policy, and who enter into employment or volunteer service with the College, will undergo periodic background reviews. Any misrepresentations, falsifications, or material omissions in the information provided by the applicant, whenever discovered, may result in disqualification from, or termination of employment or volunteer service with or expulsion from the College.