Babson College will be open this fall. Details available in Babson Together, our return to campus plan

Facility Rental

Facility Rental Information

The Richard W. Sorenson Center for the Arts facilities serve Babson College undergraduate students, graduate students, and students at Olin College of Engineering. Located on College Drive in the heart of the beautiful Babson campus, and opened in October 1997, the center was designed by the Boston-based firm of William Rawn Associates Architects, known for its design of the Seiji Ozawa Hall at Tanglewood. The 441-seat theater features wraparound balconies and side-loge seating that maximize the immediacy of live performance. It is fully equipped with state-of-the-art lighting, sound and projection systems, a dance/rehearsal studio, music practice rooms, dressing rooms, and a spacious and comfortable lobby. The building is wheelchair-accessible.

Rental Information

The Sorenson Center for the Arts facilities serve Babson undergraduate students, Babson graduate students, and students at Olin College of Engineering. Due to this high student demand for use of the space, we are only able to rent facilities during off-peak periods of time indicated below. The Sorenson Center for the Arts offers a professional theatrical setting for concerts and performances and film/video screenings.

If you are an insured organization compliant with Babson requirements and are interested in renting the facilities, please complete our rental form.

Rental Period Availability

Due to high student demand for use of the space, we are only able to rent facilities during the off-peak periods.

Carling-Sorenson Theater Details

Rental Seating Chart (pdf)

Babson Policies

Insurance Requirements (pdf)

Alcohol Policy (pdf)

Catering: All catering and concessions in the Sorenson facility must be contracted through Sodexo Catering at Babson. Food and drinks are not allowed in the theater. Please contact Dave Hawes, Catering Manager, at 781-239-4943 or


Upon completion of the rental form, additional inquiries may be sent to Replies will only be forthcoming upon receipt of the completed form and COI.​​

All external inquiries for non-theatrical/film events must contact the Events Management Office at 781-239-5265.