Types of Grants

Research/Study Grant

Applicants will either study at a foreign university or design their own research projects, typically working with advisors at foreign universities or other institutes of higher education. Program requirements vary by country, so it is critical to check a prospective host country’s program summary. See the lists of field-specific award opportunities and graduate degree grants

English Teaching Assistant (ETA)

Applicants will teach or serve as assistants to those teaching English language and culture to non-native English speakers.  The age and academic level of students varies widely, from kindergartners to university students. See the list of countries that offer ETA grants.

Visit the Fulbright Tutorials and webinars to learn more about the specific grants.